Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

K.C.

Likes Dirt
wiggle / CRC uses DHL express which is proper courier DHL the whole way including the plane, with very detailed tracking, i think.
ze german uses the snail mail version of DHL Deutsche post which uses spare cargo availability on commercial plane and sign over to auspost when it reach here and has shitty tracking infomation, no?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
ze german uses the snail mail version of DHL Deutsche post which uses spare cargo availability on commercial plane and sign over to auspost when it reach here and has shitty tracking infomation, no?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Dont ruin our visions of the big DHL Tin Bird revving its engine on the Frankfurt runway, slowly getting filled up with bike goodies, destined for Australia :(

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In stock on Wolftooth website, but if just buying them and nothing else it’s $30 post. Their shipment must be stuck somewhere.
Yeah it was more of an opportunistic cart-filler, have wanted some for a while but couldn't find local stock and didn't want to pay $30 shipping on just barends.

As it happens, got a notification this evening that the order's shipped.. found some stock maybe? Who knows

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My OneUp bars arrived today - minus the box it was shipped in. Sent pic to OneUp, they responded promptly and are taking it up with DHL/Shipwire.
I'm away so I haven't been able to inspect the bars for damage yet. I don't care about the box but if the bars been knocked around to the extent that it's come out of the box...wtf

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a couple of things from them for the Nicolai, cheap as and per above shipping wasn’t lightning quick like from the UK but it was a lot quicker than the Germans. Took about 2 weeks from order to delivery from memory.
Good and bad news from Bike Inn.
They had the tyres I wanted at a bonkers price (Michelin Wild AM 2.5x29 Competition line $50) but touched me for $85 shipping on 4 tyres and 5 weeks estimated delivery time.
Generally I wouldn't be too upset by this but I put a massive slash in a tyre last night and am now rummaging through my cast offs to get me mobile again

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
They had the tyres I wanted at a bonkers price (Michelin Wild AM 2.5x29 Competition line $50) but touched me for $85 shipping on 4 tyres and 5 weeks estimated delivery time.
Generally I wouldn't be too upset by this but I put a massive slash in a tyre last night and am now rummaging through my cast offs to get me mobile again
At least they told you about the delivery time, tried to string me along

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Damn, that's a pain, I suppose four tyres is pretty bulky, which carrier did they use?

My order was small parts (chainring, freehub etc - side note, if you need a spare/different DT freehub, you can buy 3 from Bikeinn for the price of one locally and still have some beer money left over), shipping was $16.50 with EMS.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Postage is with Australia Post, so I assume it's some sort of basic freight which will be 'handled' at this end by AusPost. DHL was an option but $120
I was prepared for the lead time, but now I've resorted to running a patched rear and Junior is busting my balls about his Rock Enduro R2 which is on the same order.
I'm just glad they had the tyres in stock, it seems there are no Michelins in Australia at the moment in 29 but loads in 27.5 for Moorey. I blame Trek for this problem, TBE was the my main supplier for my tyre addiction.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone know current bike24 delivery time?
Its random with all the German bike shops. My BC from a couple of weeks back took about 1 month.

Currently have a Bike24 at Frankfurt since 21/8, not expecting it to move for another 3 weeks :(

Minlak

custom titis
Not over seas but Aus post is not picking up packaged for 4 days in NSW regions to allow them to catch up on demand - Just an FYI if you are expecting stuff - they are working on back log only no new parcels.

Australia Post will temporarily suspend parcel post collections for eCommerce retailers for three days to clear a backlog of parcels in its network.
From 9am Saturday September 4 until 7am Tuesday September 7, Australia Post will not collect regular post parcels from ecommerce retailers in NSW, Victoria and the ACT that have prepared items to be shipped to customers.
Express Post, Premium, Startrack Express and letters will be collected as normal. Parcel post collection will continue as normal for all other states.