Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

K.C.

Likes Dirt
I know people work at different speeds but he must be doing some hours to deliver that many.

Old mate reckons he is 5-6 minutes a package.

Thats nearly 4 hours for 40, 200-300 would take him 20-30 hours.
manage to talk to him a few more seconds the other day, he said he is turning over $14,000 monthly consistently in the past 3 months, already on his second load filled to the brim in the iload around noon. $2.50 a piece @about 300 parcels a day roughly works out about right.

This guy usually beep his horn from 100m away, workmate walk out the door as he arrive and grab whatever from the passenger side window, then he booked it down the road.

The starTrek guy is more chilled, drive up, park the van, walk down, say hello, ask for surname, hand over the box and walk back to van, back it up carefully/slowly out the driveway, and on his way:D

and then there is the 3rd guy doing the registered / express post and we cheapskate don't see him much as we don't usually select express post option :p

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
My Bike24 order has been at frankfurt for 3 weeks today, that seems to be when it starts moving again soon I hope?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Bike24 order has been at frankfurt for 3 weeks today, that seems to be when it starts moving again soon I hope?
Maybe. I had one sit at the airport for 6 weeks (start aug to mid sept), then a week later I finally got it.

PJO

in me vL comy
I'm hoping my order from Starbike got added to the pile to speed things up a bit, we just need a few more burners to order so the plane fills up! Come on guys help us out, get those German bike shop orders flowing!

LPG

likes thicc birds
The bike frame I ordered from Wiggle was $35 posted and took just under two weeks to arrive. Great service, but Wiggle and CRC don't always have the stock of stuff I need...
Yep, it's parts to finish the build from the Eccentric that I ordered the same weekend as these parts. The Eccentric has been sitting waiting with only the bottom bracket and derailleur hanger installed. Without the headset and rear wheel parts there isn't much that can be done.

PJO

in me vL comy
Yep, it's parts to finish the build from the Eccentric that I ordered the same weekend as these parts. The Eccentric has been sitting waiting with only the bottom bracket and derailleur hanger installed. Without the headset and rear wheel parts there isn't much that can be done.
My mate generously lent me a set of wheels so that I could get my boy riding on his new frame, the Starbike order also contains wheel parts for the wheelset that is going with the frame...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have a shock that's been sitting in Frankfurt for ~2 weeks now awaiting departure.

I have a frame that's sitting in Sydney airport awaiting inboard sorting and clearance.

The race is on! I'm hoping I can have the bike assembled around middle of November, or before the end of Nov in a worst-case scenario. fingers crossed

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
USPS have temporarily stopped shipping to Australia :(
All those people whose parcels left ten years ago will be really disappointed they're not going to eventually turn up. :rolleyes:

IMO USPS manages the unenviable task of being the only postal service worse than Deutsche Post to Australia, and that was before COVID.

Flow-Rider

Burner
CRC used to be a family owned business in Northern Ireland, all their warehouses were in a town called Ballyclare, they employed local people and sponsored local events.

Was bought out by Wiggle several years back and hasn't been the same.

They still have the flagship store on the Boucher Road in Belfast but all dispatch and returns are via the UK and probably tied in with parent company Wiggle.
They were the good old days, when you waited for your 10 items to turn up at once. You could buy a box loaded with XT stuff under $300.

PJO

in me vL comy
Just put in an order for Starbike, I'm assuming it will be the same as all other DHL orders out of Germany, but reading the fine print I could've opted for DPD instead of DHL as my carrier for an extra 30% shipping cost. Anyone know anything about DPD?
OMG it has arrived in this country. Only sat at Frankfurt for less than 10 days!