Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Cheeky bastards….I thought maybe it was a good thing because it said it wasn’t Frankfurt….did a google and this place is damn close to Frankfurt so maybe the slow shipping/processing rule still applies? One week in for my new frame..fuck I just noticed the date :eek: that can’t be good!
View attachment 389623
My Google for the original destination is an E bike manufacturer!!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh, I was thinking that because @kten doesn't fuck around with boring bikes. You can bet it will be very niche and built to an incredible spec.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Oh, I was thinking that because @kten doesn't fuck around with boring bikes. You can bet it will be very niche and built to an incredible spec.
Yes. Sorry. That’s right. That’s what I meant by no to Giant. Won’t be a mainstream brand something unique for sure. Or he’s tricking us and ordered a Canyon.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I went to DHL's FB page. You can't message them. the 'contact us' button kicks you to their fkg useless website.
I clicked through to make a complaint, and (in german) it tells me to contact the sender/shop.
Got to a contact form, filled out the info with consignment #, and actually got a response the next day, to contact the sender, as apparently only the sender can lodge a complaint. seems fucking stupid, IMO.

Did that, asked them to give DHL a big kick up the bum. Sender said they would request DHL to use the "fastest possible post" or somesuch.
That was 18 hours ago.

Well fuck me sideways, I just looked at the tracking and it says

Fr, 20.05.2022, 15:14, Australia
The shipment has arrived in the destination country/destination area