Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Local order. Placed on Sunday. Dispatched Tuesday. Went through the vortex that is Sunshine West Vic and just dropped off. :oops:

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Ordered a SLX shifter from CRC 14th Nov. It was stuck in processing status, but finally turned up today (with no update to their status). They've sent me the wrong shifter FFS

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ordered a SLX shifter from CRC 14th Nov. It was stuck in processing status, but finally turned up today (with no update to their status). They've sent me the wrong shifter FFS
Cunce! as long as no-one died. The usual, my dude. take pix and send email. get them to post proper part before it goes out of stock.

@DougalStrachan did you need 11 or 12spd?

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If you're in a rush for Shimano stuff, these guys are local and worth a look:

Who knows how long before CRC sort this out...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
If you're in a rush for Shimano stuff, these guys are local and worth a look:

Who knows how long before CRC sort this out...
CRC Shimano stock is supposed to be shipped from Aus, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to sort out.

I second George's bike shop, their prices for Shimano gear is better than most other Aus retailers.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
CRC Shimano stock is supposed to be shipped from Aus, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to sort out.

I second George's bike shop, their prices for Shimano gear is better than most other Aus retailers.
Their answer is - "we have a 30 day return policy - please fill in the return form". Yeah OK but if I order again with he refunded money will you send the right bloody one? Might just get the refund and order elsewhere

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
One week of no movement.... :rolleyes:
I ordered brake pads and a chain recently. Sat in Frankfurt for 3 weeks! They should arrive on Monday.

4 or 5 months back when things were really bad, I somehow never experienced a wait this long. This has been the worse by far