Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was there anything left inside?
Yeah all accounted for.

I got one just before x-mas and the postie told me he taped it up for me as all the shit kept falling out, the whole corner of the box was completely missing and the box was the shape of an AFL ball, looked like it had been rolled from Germany.

Was thinking FFS here goes the boys chrissy pressies... renthal bars, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 jerseys, 2L of sealant, 2 sets of tubeless valves, gear cables, grips, bidons, 3 chains, 6 sets of brake pads and MY STEM - the only bit that was mine. BTW Just checked the invoice for the contents, delivered 20th December.
The complete order was in there much to my surprise :oops:

I have had dozens of boxes delivered with small to massive holes in them and have only lost stuff once ever.

2017 ProBikeKit had a big clearance and had the CrankBrothers Pica+ Premium multitools for $32 each (usually $90 here), I bought 4 of them, I was delivered an empty box with a small hole in it... lets say that it took many emails and about 2 months to sort out. They were not pleased at all.

PJO

in me vL comy
Yeah all accounted for.

I got one just before x-mas and the postie told me he taped it up for me as all the shit kept falling out, the whole corner of the box was completely missing and the box was the shape of an AFL ball, looked like it had been rolled from Germany.

Was thinking FFS here goes the boys chrissy pressies... renthal bars, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 jerseys, 2L of sealant, 2 sets of tubeless valves, gear cables, grips, bidons, 3 chains, 6 sets of brake pads and MY STEM - the only bit that was mine. BTW Just checked the invoice for the contents, delivered 20th December.
The complete order was in there much to my surprise :oops:

I have had dozens of boxes delivered with small to massive holes in them and have only lost stuff once ever.

2017 ProBikeKit had a big clearance and had the CrankBrothers Pica+ Premium multitools for $32 each (usually $90 here), I bought 4 of them, I was delivered an empty box with a small hole in it... lets say that it took many emails and about 2 months to sort out. They were not pleased at all.
Fark! Whatever happened to making descent packaging and using it.
I have had boxes from Bike24 come with small holes but never as bad as that!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Nervous af for my nice wheelset sitting in bloody frankfurt now. Glad I paid with PayPal too.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Well apparently my Bike24 parcel has arrived in Melbourne from the Frankenpit ... only 14 days there so I may have got lucky. Now the excitement is waiting to see what actually survived the journey inside the box!

ozzybmx

Well apparently my Bike24 parcel has arrived in Melbourne from the Frankenpit ... only 14 days there so I may have got lucky. Now the excitement is waiting to see what actually survived the journey inside the box!
Nice one !

My HiBike has been in Frankfurt since the 10th, still says Frankfurt :rolleyes: next tracking entry is arrived in Aus so its either still sitting there or hopefully in the air on the way here.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Well, according to Bikeinn my parcel is in the air 4 days after order placed.. Will just be sitting in a Melb/Sydney sorting centre for two weeks when it gets here though...

ozzybmx

Out of the blue, my HiBike order just turned up.

Ordered 8-9th Feb, delivered 2nd March so spot on 3 weeks.

ozzybmx

Nice! What's inside the box?
Just stuff ;)

Chains, Time cleats, bottles, grips and shoes and a few other little bits.

My boys are both the same size as me right now, Its either buy them new shoes or buy myself newies and give/lend them mine... depending on how destroyed they are.

They are riding my ION Rascals and special edition Spech 2FO Brosnan's in orange currently.

I got the CrankBrothers Mallet Clip-ins in blue which haven't made it to Aus yet, only black in clip-in.

Hoping not another Crankbrothers fail.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So my euro package sitting in Frankfurt has this DHL update:
"The slightly damaged shipment is being repackaged"

Not filling me with confidence guys!!!

Fingers and toes are well and truly crossed with this one.

ozzybmx

"The slightly damaged shipment is being repackaged"

Not filling me with confidence guys!!!
Damn... I've had a few shockers but yours must be well and truly destroyed.

Must have exploded to qualify for a repack :p

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
For fun I just priced up an 11sp Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain from HiBike, $510 + delivery.

Cassette: Shimano SLX CS-M7000 11-46T
Rear Mech: Shimano XT M8000 SGS
Shifter: Shimano XT SL-M8000
Crankset: Shimano SLX FC-M7100-1 170mm (no chainring)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano MT800
Chain: Shimano XTR CN-HG901

creaky

XMAS Plumper
For fun I just priced up an 11sp Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain from HiBike, $510 + delivery.

Need a chainring?

ozzybmx

If you login or set your country to Australia, the prices are -20% VAT +10% GST, so around 10% cheaper... then only downside is it then tell you they they will not ship Shimano to Australia.

The German 4 - Hibike, Bike24, Bike Components and Bike Discount used to be awesome before the Geoblock, still my goto shops but the lack of Shimano, RockShox, Sram and others is infuriating.

Bike discount have went Aussie $ and turned to shit lately.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
If you login or set your country to Australia, the prices are -20% VAT +10% GST, so around 10% cheaper... then only downside is it then tell you they they will not ship Shimano to Australia.

The German 4 - Hibike, Bike24, Bike Components and Bike Discount used to be awesome before the Geoblock, still my goto shops but the lack of Shimano, RockShox, Sram and others is infuriating.

Bike discount have went Aussie $ and turned to shit lately.
Ah bugger, I thought they were sticking a middle finger up at Shimano! Back to AliExpress for my fantasy drivetrain upgrades!