Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hmm didn’t know that. Might be an easy part to get and just go with what I’m looking at
Will probably replace the shifter with an I-Spec one at some point anyway if not

Hmm, the design looks a bit different on that one... The ones I'm thinking of mount over the bars (IIRC, it's been a while!).

Worst case you get a shifter that'll look a bit daggy but work fine. Could be worse...

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hmm, the design looks a bit different on that one... The ones I'm thinking of mount over the bars (IIRC, it's been a while!).

Worst case you get a shifter that'll look a bit daggy but work fine. Could be worse...
Yeah, figured that. An XT I-Spec shifter is about 90 bucks, can deal with that

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've still got a bike24 shipment at Franfkurt airport, been sitting there since 1st Feb. Lucky i wasn't in a hurry.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Holy shit! Thx for heads up on Frankfurt. Bought a wheelset from ze germans. DHL delivery... Seems to be sitting at the airport too.

Also - not too time sensitive. But glad I didn't go with the out of stock gear that would have taken even longer! Making me rethink where to buy the rest of my build kit from as well.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It used to be a couple of days pre-covid for all the German Bike shops, then blew out to weeks.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern trending either, a bit hit and miss even with the custons processing on our side.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Frankfurt airport is where German efficiency goes to die... Fucking nightmare travelling through there as a passenger too.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Frankfurt airport is where German efficiency goes to die... Fucking nightmare travelling through there as a passenger too.
I got stuck there when it was 40 degrees plus and Lufthansa just grounded everything. Ugh, no fond memories of wandering around the place in the heat.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So while we carry on with our fairly normal lives, Germany is being hit with a third wave of covid and probably more lockdowns... Don't hold your breath for anything from Germany, probably from anywhere in Europe really. thick Euro Accent Australia good country...

PJO

in me vL comy
So while we carry on with our fairly normal lives, Germany is being hit with a third wave of covid and probably more lockdowns... Don't hold your breath for anything from Germany, probably from anywhere in Europe really. thick Euro Accent Australia good country...
isn't that the lucky country?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They still manage to get parts better than us and still pack an order and get it to the airport in 1 day.

The reduced flights to Australia is killing it...

Then the old lucky country where we are community corona free currently, take 8 fucking days to process the package in Sydney, then send it to Melbourne, then back to Sydney before making its way to its destination in a battered up box that looks like its been run over.

Last edited: