Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Woo, my AliExpress order has ‘shipped’
Now that is a lottery.

They use many different shipping options, could be 1 week... could be 6 weeks.

EDIT: Here's the AliExpress orders I am still waiting on, they are the 'on the way' notifications/emails.

Screenshot from my gmail inbox, there were many other little orders that have arrived, these are just the outstanding ones.

Its hit or miss how quick they arrive, I have seen some lately here in my hands after 7 days.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Now that is a lottery.

EDIT: Here's the AliExpress orders I am still waiting on, the are the 'on the way' notifications.

Screenshot from my gmail inbox, there were many other little orders that have arrived, these are just the outstanding ones.

View attachment 372825
I paid for DHL, it wasn’t much more than the standard one for what I was buying.
Appreciate it’s a lottery, hence the ‘’...

Scotty675

Cable thief
Surprisingly out for delivery today...

That's 10 days from Bikeinn order being placed to parts at my door with the slowest (cheapest) shipping option selected....
That’s quick. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bike inn order under 4 weeks

creaky

XMAS Plumper
My Bike24 order that sat in Frankfurt for a couple of weeks arrived on Wed arvo. That made is basically 4 weeks from order, which is reasonable in the current circumstances.

Box was shite of course but everything was still inside.

Wheels 80% built. Would have been done by now but someone :rolleyes: forgot to put the nipple washers on when I hurriedly them the evening they arrived ....

ozzybmx

Got to the checkout with OneUp components for a set of handlebars.

Worldwide shipping - FREE
Worldwide DHL Express - $75

I'll go free thanks.

OneUp sends it DHL Express anyway.

Basically overnight to Aus... a bit slower our side.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So my euro package sitting in Frankfurt has this DHL update:
"The slightly damaged shipment is being repackaged"
This one landed in Sydney yesterday. Left the German warehouse on 17 Feb, arrived in Syd on 14 Mar.

Fingers still crossed for a safe arrival...

ozzybmx

This one landed in Sydney yesterday. Left the German warehouse on 17 Feb, arrived in Syd on 14 Mar.

Fingers still crossed for a safe arrival...
You would have thought, we have really fucked this, repackaged and move to the front of the queue... get the injured soldier home as quick as possible.

Thats not the Aussie spirit :(

Flow-Rider

Burner
Now that is a lottery.

EDIT: Here's the AliExpress orders I am still waiting on, they are the 'on the way' notifications/emails.

Its hit or miss how quick they arrive, I have seen some lately here in my hands after 7 days.

View attachment 372825
I try not to order around Chinese new year, learnt my lesson years ago.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So wheelset arrived today! Inside a box that was clearly damaged, but had been wrapped in clear plastic. Nice little wheel bags from ActionSports too. Heaps of plastic packing material... So all is well! They look mint.

(AusPost tracking still tells me they're waiting for customs clearance in Melbourne.)