Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Whats the go with chain reaction these days? I ordered stuff from them last week for the first time in ages and the order is still sitting a "processing" one week later. Contacted them and got a generic reply...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Whats the go with chain reaction these days? I ordered stuff from them last week for the first time in ages and the order is still sitting a "processing" one week later. Contacted them and got a generic reply...
CRC used to be a family owned business in Northern Ireland, all their warehouses were in a town called Ballyclare, they employed local people and sponsored local events.

Was bought out by Wiggle several years back and hasn't been the same.

They still have the flagship store on the Boucher Road in Belfast but all dispatch and returns are via the UK and probably tied in with parent company Wiggle.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't hold your breath, I had a similar order sitting like that for 2 weeks. When I asked about it they said there was an issue in their system then cancelled the order and refunded me when I just wanted them to send me the order.

When I went back to do the order again the products I wanted were no longer on sale (Nukeproof Blackline Storage Bib) so I asked if they could honour the original order but nope they could only do full price now.
They still sent me an email to review the items I purchased so might leave a review there instead.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't hold your breath, I had a similar order sitting like that for 2 weeks. When I asked about it they said there was an issue in their system then cancelled the order and refunded me when I just wanted them to send me the order.

When I went back to do the order again the products I wanted were no longer on sale (Nukeproof Blackline Storage Bib) so I asked if they could honour the original order but nope they could only do full price now.
They still sent me an email to review the items I purchased so might leave a review there instead.
Aw crap, looks likes this is the last time I go with crc.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
CRC used to be a family owned business in Northern Ireland, all their warehouses were in a town called Ballyclare, they employed local people and sponsored local events.

Was bought out by Wiggle several years back and hasn't been the same.

They still have the flagship store on the Boucher Road in Belfast but all dispatch and returns are via the UK and probably tied in with parent company Wiggle.
I didn't realise they weren't N.Ireland based any more. They still hold separate stock though?

ozzybmx

I didn't realise they weren't N.Ireland based any more. They still hold separate stock though?
I'm not 100% on what's going on now. A while back, the idea was they would move all storage/warehousing to the mainland and the bike shop and repairs would continue in the Boucher Superstore.

There is a large computer kiosk in the middle of the shop with about 10+ computers, if the item is not in stock, in store. You order it like you would at home and its guaranteed next day delivery to your home.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Seems as relevant in this thread as anywhere but I brought up an old cart on Jenson USA that had some sunnies I ended up sourcing locally and it's stating that USPS Priority Mail is free with destination set to Oz. I can't find any promo posts on the main page nor did I get an email but could be worth a look if there's been something you've been eyeing off.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I have noticed that Jenson's previously exxy shipping has improved a lot. Used to order loads from there back when the dollar was at parity, and got my Mezzer more recently when they had one of their 20% off sales.

Top notch service as well.

ozzybmx

I have noticed that Jenson's previously exxy shipping has improved a lot. Used to order loads from there back when the dollar was at parity, and got my Mezzer more recently when they had one of their 20% off sales.

Top notch service as well.
Used to be a few good US stores when the dollaroo was sky high.

WesternBikeWorks, Competitive Cyclist, Universal Cycles, Bikeman, OutsideOutfitters...

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Ordered some hubs from Merlin on the 11th arrived today.
Ordered some rims and other bits from bike24, hasn’t left Germany yet :(

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Not ordering anything atm is best .
Yeah 3 things lost .One missing worth $175 for 3 months .Post systems are hopeless.
Spent 1-2 hrs getting the run around from Aust Post on the phone and emails , passing the buck.
Just cant be bothered .

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Update, contacted chain reaction again and got told everything was fine, just handling delays. Then overnight they cancelled my order blaming me for having a "non numeric" postcode :VIC3000 (The way its always been in their system, all prepopulated over my 10 plus years and $1000s of dollars worth of orders... ). Terrible customer service. What a bunch of flogs, never ordering from them again.

ozzybmx

Update, contacted chain reaction again and got told everything was fine, just handling delays. Then overnight they cancelled my order blaming me for having a "non numeric" postcode :VIC3000 (The way its always been in their system, all prepopulated over my 10 plus years and $1000s of dollars worth of orders... ). Terrible customer service. What a bunch of flogs, never ordering from them again.
Pomme chunts ! Would never have happened when the Norn Irish were running the show ;)