Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Had stuff sitting in basket for a while at Merlin. Left it and sort of forgot about it as postage to OZ was $42.
Just happened to look at it last night and all the items were there, same price, but now had free postage. Lets see how long it takes to get here...
Date/TimeActivityEvent CodeLocation
12th Oct 2021 10:07:00TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER203MELBOURNE, AU
12th Oct 2021 09:29:00CUSTOMS CLEARED433MELBOURNE, AU
11th Oct 2021 07:10:00ARRIVED IN COUNTRY / NON EU PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS204MELBOURNE, AU
7th Oct 2021 14:18:00PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT211LONDON, GB
7th Oct 2021 00:46:01PROCESSED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT211LONDON, GB
5th Oct 2021 09:10:43RECEIVED INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT DEPOT210LONDON, GB
1st Oct 2021 19:14:52FEDEX CROSS BORDER PROCESS CENTRE198BASILDON, SS15 6TR, GB
30th Sep 2021 15:18:35DEPARTED Merlin Cycles Ltd218

In the country but stuck in Melb. Hopefully gets released after lockdown at the end of the week!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
only has to pay the delivery driver for one package instead of 4x:p
I still can't think how they manage to grab 4 Chi packages from thousands of others and match them to one person.
The orders were completely separate and from different sellers in different parts of China.
Well however they do it, it's working well.
Wonder do they record the packages to my name/address on a database ?

Minlak

custom titis
I still can't think how they manage to grab 4 Chi packages from thousands of others and match them to one person.
The orders were completely separate and from different sellers in different parts of China.
Well however they do it, it's working well.
Wonder do they record the packages to my name/address on a database ?
Didn't some one have the issue that one of the packages was missing form the "MultiPak" but is shown as delivered so they could not dispute it with AliExpress?

ozzybmx

Didn't some one have the issue that one of the packages was missing form the "MultiPak" but is shown as delivered so they could not dispute it with AliExpress?
I had a lonely one turn up yesterday so they missed one.

ozzybmx

...and delivered. That's damn fast, two weeks from ordered to delivered out of Germany using DHL!
Anyone else got a quick DHL from Germany lately ?

Now waiting on 2, one for a week, the other from yesterday.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not this fucking shit again?!

Most recent update
Cleared and awaiting international departure
LANGLEY (GB), UNITED KINGDOM
Date & time Wed 3 Nov, 7.32pm 1

That's my new front hub for the Hyrax. It's not going to be built before Christmas....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Most recent update

That's my new front hub for the Hyrax. It's not going to be built before Christmas....
Is that non-boost Pro 4 you got a while back still an option @johnny?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
NO!

I've now paid for the boost size, I want the farker!!

Selling the non-boost joint now.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Are you sure?
Quite!

What colour did you order? Summit have some in silver.
I got silver, and Summit have to be treated with caution, their website is a little deceptive when it comes to what is and is not in stock. However, to be fair, the order but shifts to 'notify me', or something similar when they are out of stock. It's just the webpage that can build up false hope.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Quite!

I got silver, and Summit have to be treated with caution, their website is a little deceptive when it comes to what is and is not in stock. However, to be fair, the order but shifts to 'notify me', or something similar when they are out of stock. It's just the webpage that can build up false hope.
I see, it says in stock but the button says ‘Request more info’. Sneaky.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Most recent update

What do you reckon, is the obstruction on the international or domestic side?

My hunch is that it's Auspost, given that this is happening at a diverse range of airports and because Auspost has a well earned reputation for being fucking shit. Nothing more than a hunch, though.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
What do you reckon, is the obstruction on the international or domestic side?

My hunch is that it's Auspost, given that this is happening at a diverse range of airports and because Auspost has a well earned reputation for being fucking shit. Nothing more than a hunch, though.
Domestic side for sure. I sent two large boxes to the UK recently....took nearly ten days to leave the country and then three to get from Sydney to delivery in the UK.
Same thing when I buy unobtanium parts from the UK. Leave the UK in a tidy fashion...get to Australia and...wooooooaaaaah there horsey!