Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
What do you reckon, is the obstruction on the international or domestic side?

My hunch is that it's Auspost, given that this is happening at a diverse range of airports and because Auspost has a well earned reputation for being fucking shit. Nothing more than a hunch, though.
Did you get any type of tracking number, punch it in into this site?

https://www.17track.net/en

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Encouraging - 18 days :)

Thats the first of the boys German ordered Chrissy pressies landed, just need the Bike24 on the 4/11 to move in the next week.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm planning to make a German order end of next week, it won't be urgent but I'm guessing you need to add 2-3 weeks to anything going through Frankfurt still....

With bike parts its not so bad, buying records through Germany is much more anxiety inducing as they can melt in a heatwave and risk getting snapped or warped with every day they are being shunted around.

ozzybmx

I'm planning to make a German order end of next week, it won't be urgent but I'm guessing you need to add 2-3 weeks to anything going through Frankfurt still....
I was hanging out for a Pushys code but it didn't eventuate so I placed 2 orders a week apart from BC and B24.

The issue was/is we are possibly heading to Tassie on the 13th Dec so everything ordered needs to be here by then and postage slows down around Christmas.

Hoping the other one lands in the next week.

Usually around 3 days from landing to delivered.

I would be allowing a month for any package from Germany, any sooner is a bonus.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Placed an order with OneUp components a week ago and it arrived today from the UK!

Two orders placed from BikeInn 12 and 10 days ago...one is in Sydney..other still at the airport in the Netherlands.

Frame from the UK hopefully only a couple of weeks away....getting perilously close to the christmas vortex.

ozzybmx

Does this mean it’s leaving Germany after a day?
Whats the tracking site you are using ? Its an unfamiliar format and I don't know how to read it. The regular DHL site looks like my post above.

Certainly looks like it has left Germany.

You may be on the fastest German DHL package ever.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Whats the tracking site you are using ? Its an unfamiliar format and I don't know how to read it. The regular DHL site looks like my post above.

Certainly looks like it has left Germany.

You may be on the fastest German DHL package ever.
It was an Italian purchase but went straight to Germany. Must be DHLs Euro hub. When I saw Frankfurt I expected it to just sit and was a little surprised it had an update so quick.

Using DHL Mobile site.

ozzybmx

It was an Italian purchase but went straight to Germany. Must be DHLs Euro hub. When I saw Frankfurt I expected it to just sit and was a little surprised it had an update so quick.

Using DHL Mobile site.
I've never seen the words 'departed from DHL facility'.
Usually it's in Frankfurt, then arrived in destination country.

Might be just passing through as its an Italian package, same as CRC does from the UK.

Sorry mate, you are disqualified from the fastest German DHL package title ;)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've never seen the words 'departed from DHL facility'.
Usually it's in Frankfurt, then arrived in destination country.

Might be just passing through as its an Italian package, same as CRC does from the UK.

Sorry mate, you are disqualified from the fastest German DHL package title ;)
Awww. Fair enough. If stock ever arrives see how I go with a German order in a month or so!

bobob

Has $20
I guess I get the slow ones... AusPost is working late, I am getting deliveries at 6:30pm even 7:30pm.

12 days, Brisbane to Adelaide...

Delivered
HOPE VALLEY SA
Wed 17 Nov, 6.35pm

Onboard for delivery
WOODVILLE NORTH SA
Wed 17 Nov, 10.47am

Item processed at facility
REGENCY PARK SA
Tue 16 Nov, 9.26am

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Fri 12 Nov, 8.18am

ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Fri 12 Nov, 7.49am

In transit to next facility in ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA
Fri 5 Nov, 9.32pm

BRISBANE QLD
Fri 5 Nov, 9.11pm

Received and ready for processing
Fri 5 Nov, 5.31pm

Shipping information approved by Australia Post
Fri 5 Nov, 5.05pm

Shipping information received by Australia Post
Fri 5 Nov, 4.35pm

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Chi freepost is now faster and more efficient than any paid international or internal
It doesxwork quite well. Even competes with AliExpress products that are shipped locally.

The mind boggles how it csn be reasonable quick and free or very cheap at the least.