Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm about to hit go on a Bike24 order. Wish me luck!
Bike24 is one of the few left charging 20 euros postage, most have gone to 40 euros.

Though... browsing their site is becoming increasingly annoying as ~70% of the stock is 'not shippable to Australia' where the other German places still ship the majority of brands that Bike24 doesn't.

My BC order from a few weeks back only took 2 weeks to arrive in Aus, reckon it was a further 4-5 days till I had it here.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike24 is one of the few left charging 20 euros postage, most have gone to 40 euros.

Though... browsing their site is becoming increasingly annoying as ~70% of the stock is 'not shippable to Australia' where the other German places still ship the majority of brands that Bike24 doesn't.

My BC order from a few weeks back only took 2 weeks to arrive in Aus, reckon it was a further 4-5 days till I had it here.
The shipping is a nice bonus on top of them being the only bunch having the brakes I wanted

ozzybmx

Just the 2 pot Cura

Have gone to Cura 4 on the Banshee and I can’t speak highly enough of them, so will throw the 2 pot version on the HT
The 4's are nicely priced but I am looking another set of Cura 2's in black, out of stock currently.

Did you grab the silver ones ?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 4's are nicely priced but I am looking another set of Cura 2's in black, out of stock currently.

Did you grab the silver ones ?
Yep, would not have been my first choice but updated stock for black was looking way too far away

ozzybmx

Yep, would not have been my first choice but updated stock for black was looking way too far away
Yeah, I'm in no rush as I have XT 4's on the bike but an available set at a good price would be snapped up.

The Cura 2's are sensational brakes. Would have got the silver if I could have made the the colour scheme work.

ozzybmx

My DHL parcel has now sat stagnant in Frankfurt for 12 days. I was hoping for an @ozzybmx timeline but he must get the gold level treatment
Still one to go for gold class, mine appeared in Melbourne on day 13.

Timer has also restarted, Bike24 slipped me one in the back door of Frankie's holding hanger yesterday.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
My lordgun order from the 9th with sram goodies etc still showed awaiting departure last night and this morning I get an alert stating it was being delivered today . And sure enough my lordgun box stating dreams come in this box did indeed come today . Nice work lordgun .

ozzybmx

My lordgun order from the 9th with sram goodies etc still showed awaiting departure last night and this morning I get an alert stating it was being delivered today . And sure enough my lordgun box stating dreams come in this box did indeed come today . Nice work lordgun .
Lordgun are awesome.

Had about 5 or 6 orders from them now and all have been 5-8 days from order placed to in my hands.

UPS is rocket shipping.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Lordgun are awesome.

Had about 5 or 6 orders from them now and all have been 5-8 days from order placed to in my hands.

UPS is rocket shipping.
Like all now you gotta make sure you have enough to cover the shipping cost . They`ve got some cracking pricing and with an extra 30% off some clearance shoes , code brakes , adaptors , tools , grips and a few other odds and ends meant I ended up saving $190 even after taking shipping cost of $70 into account . No stock of HS2 rotors though of which I would have saved even more - those I had to get from MTB direct so what I saved from lordgun went to mtb direct .