Cadel wins a stage!

LurvsMTB

Likes Bikes
Yep, well done Cadel.

Even better Contador thought he'd won the stage... and celebrated! Only to be brought down by the photo finish! Couldn't happen to nicer bloke.

0psi

Eats Squid
I thought I was an idiot staying up to watch a fairly flat stage, glad I did though :) Nice to see Hushvold hang in there too.

And how crap did Beefeater look?!? One small attack up a small hill and he was done, definately not dancing on the pedals the way he was last year.

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Watching the highlights as i ate my breakfast this morning i was just in shock. Couldnt believe what i was seeing. So impressed.

Love this photo, max effort:

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watching the highlights as i ate my breakfast this morning i was just in shock. Couldnt believe what i was seeing. So impressed.

Love this photo, max effort:

how sweet it is ...... BMC team riding brilliantly, he's going to need some time up his sleeve for the big climbing stages.

Bodin

GMBC
how sweet it is ...... BMC team riding brilliantly, he's going to need some time up his sleeve for the big climbing stages.
I've loved watching his progression in to being a race winner over the last couple of years. Have always been super impressed with his overall results, but frustrated by the fact that he never crossed the line first. Now he's an animal that loves winning. Great to watch.

Like everyone else, I still worry that he'll lose minutes to the anorexics in the big mountains, but fark, if he proves me wrong it will be so sweet.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just read this article over lunch, interesting ....if team and Cadel keep doing what they are doing, then maybe, just maybe he can stay with Schleck & co, not loss too much time on big stages (see below) and we have a winner. I have never seen Cadel ride so well, so here's hoping.

Stage 19: mountain bike stage on steroids.

0psi

Eats Squid
Like everyone else, I still worry that he'll lose minutes to the anorexics in the big mountains, but fark, if he proves me wrong it will be so sweet.
IMHO I don't think it'll be that bad, beef jerky didn't look too crash hot during his attempted attack yesterday and I can't see Schleck going nuts if Contador isn't going to push him. I think it'll come down to the final TT, as long as Cadel can kinda hang onto Schleck and co. in the mountains he'll come through in the TT.

I thought prior to the race it was going to be Schleck FTW, maybe Contador but hadn't considered Cadel but I may have to eat my words, I think he can do it this year.

just read this article over lunch, interesting ....if team and Cadel keep doing what they are doing, then maybe, just maybe he can stay with Schleck & co, not loss too much time on big stages (see below) and we have a winner. I have never seen Cadel ride so well, so here's hoping.

Stage 19: mountain bike stage on steroids.

I was looking at that stage thinking 109km is going to be a sprint.
Then I had a look at Stage 18 - 3 climbs all HC!

tdf2011_18sp_600.jpg

If they haven't sorted it out after those two stages, that last TT is going to be a grovelfest of tired riders.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Awesome win, and contador thinking he'd won it makes it so much sweeter. Works out perfectly as well with Cadel 1 second behind the yellow, should save his team a bit which has been his problem in recent years whenever he got the jersey.

The one tour in the last 4 years I cant watch seems to be one of the best, fuck! :mad:

mtb1611

Seymour
Ah, I remember watching him win sub-juniors at Thredbo in '94 and thinking "Hmmmm, methinks this portly youngster will go far". Awesome work CE, awesome indeedy.

markyh990

Likes Dirt
Don't wanna be all doom and gloom here, would love to see cadel win, but contador is going to attack everyone like crazy, he needs a minute on schleck, and unfortunatly the only person who can stay with him regularly is Andy if he is on form. Cadel seems to peak to early in every grand tour, its a long race.