Cairns bike hire and tours/shuttles

scblack

Leucocholic
Guys,

I am heading to Cairns from 10th-14th August, and have the Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th free. Sunday I fly out at 6pm so not a whole day available. Staying at Best Western Plus Cairns Central Apartments. Don't have a hire car.

I would love to do some riding up there and check out a good number of trails. I ride an Intense Slopestyle2 which is 6-6.5 inches travel as I prefer gravity fuelled riding. Sometimes I'll wimp and take the b-line but love DH and technical riding. I ride a bit of everything though and my idea to check out a good number of trails mean I am not just looking for shuttles I guess.

What are my options for bike hire and gear? Are shuttles available? Without a hire car how easy is access to trails etc? Cost within a decent reasonable amount is not an issue.

Just googled:
  • Cairnsmountainbiketours.com looks good. They have enduro and DH tours plus hire so could be exactly what I want.
  • Dans Mountain biking, looks more like XC/trail stuff.

OR, would some locals be able to help me out? I would be VERY generous with petrol/beer supplies if I could manage some good riding. But might I be better to stick with a hire operator above?

What are my options? Any experience from someone? Please help me out.

Cheers.

moorey

call me Mia
Rub it in, chunts. I also got numerous offers from locals to hook me up with their crews and bikes...but timing didn't work out :pout:

FatGuts

Likes Dirt
So, Im up there next week as well but I am undecided which bike to take, the Anthem or the CX.

I wont have a car so cant get out to the park out to the north. Are their any sneaky trails near the city I can ride or should I just be a tourist ony my Masi?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im up there November, I'd been keen to do some riding but won't be bringing my own bike.
Thanks for the links :)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Sounds like everyone's going to Cairns. I'm up there end of September, not taking the bike, but good to know I can hire something if I have an extra day to ride!

4dabush

Likes Dirt
So, Im up there next week as well but I am undecided which bike to take, the Anthem or the CX.

I wont have a car so cant get out to the park out to the north. Are their any sneaky trails near the city I can ride or should I just be a tourist ony my Masi?
Where are you staying? CBD to the trail head is 17kms flat road ride - 100kmh zone but very wide shoulder/bike lane all the way- bring the anthem. PM me as Palmers is only about 5kms from the CBD. Good fun climb and multiple descents - about 15minutes per loop

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Guys,

I am heading to Cairns from 10th-14th August, and have the Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th free. Sunday I fly out at 6pm so not a whole day available. Staying at Best Western Plus Cairns Central Apartments. Don't have a hire car.

I would love to do some riding up there and check out a good number of trails. I ride an Intense Slopestyle2 which is 6-6.5 inches travel as I prefer gravity fuelled riding. Sometimes I'll wimp and take the b-line but love DH and technical riding. I ride a bit of everything though and my idea to check out a good number of trails mean I am not just looking for shuttles I guess.

What are my options for bike hire and gear? Are shuttles available? Without a hire car how easy is access to trails etc? Cost within a decent reasonable amount is not an issue.

Just googled:
  • Cairnsmountainbiketours.com looks good. They have enduro and DH tours plus hire so could be exactly what I want.
  • Dans Mountain biking, looks more like XC/trail stuff.

OR, would some locals be able to help me out? I would be VERY generous with petrol/beer supplies if I could manage some good riding. But might I be better to stick with a hire operator above?

What are my options? Any experience from someone? Please help me out.

Cheers.
If you check out the CairnsMtb club Facebook page, there is a gravity skills clinic on this weekend and pretty sure that includes some shuttles. Jimi or Glenn can probably hook you up with a bike too.