Campagnolo mechanic

scblack

Leucocholic
Hi guys, who knows of a quality Campagnolo mechanic in Sydney? I need my front derailleur replaced/ repaired and would like to know a competent Campagnolo guy please.

scblack

Leucocholic
What's the issue exactly?
Excellent question! Maybe I should have asked that rather than simply go for mechanic. :)

The catcher bit of carbon on the back of the derailleur has broken off. Is it a part easy to get and replace?

In normal riding its no issue actually, but chain can be a pain when it can unhook itself more.

Front derailleur broken 2022.jpg

Front derailleur broken 2022 - Copy.png

scblack

Leucocholic
Thanks, I also googled and came up with Chainsmith Bike Shop, Surry Hills is probably easier to get to as I work next to World Square.
Some of the mechanics use Campag themselves there, which sounds good.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Excellent question! Maybe I should have asked that rather than simply go for mechanic. :)

The catcher bit of carbon on the back of the derailleur has broken off. Is it a part easy to get and replace?

In normal riding its no issue actually, but chain can be a pain when it can unhook itself more.

View attachment 394240

View attachment 394241
I've done this previously.
I ended up throwing the derailleur out as there was no spares available (note this would have been ~2005)
FD-RE315 is the code for the complete cage.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks, I'll replace whole thing I think.
do campagnolo still have full metal cage front derailleurs compatible with your drivetrain, or have they gone all-in on the carbon fibre 'frilly bits'?

could be worth keeping the derailleur as a spare if you do the DIY repair job on it.

if you are using 11spd and the throw works with your shifters, the potenza & chorus? front derailleur has a full metal cage... or you might find a 2nd hand metal cage that could be fitted to your super record derailleur...

Compatibility chart

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
Hmm. Campagnolo has stopped making 11spd. So SuperRecord is not available. Cunts.

Parts not an option.

A Chorus is available so that looks like it will have to do. $280 to replace FD will have to do me it looks like.

scblack

Leucocholic
Further question:

The front derailleur is working just fine now. Is there any issue with me just living with it as is?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Further question:

The front derailleur is working just fine now. Is there any issue with me just living with it as is?
It could fubar and scratch the shit out of you/the frame/the cranks. Surely someone in Europe has some?

Might be worth checking if 12s fd is compatible.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Isn’t it like a screw n a spacer ?
if I’m wrong shoot me down , but you only want to ensure it doesn’t get stuck , into the framo ?
could an alternate part do the task ?

scblack

Leucocholic
Isn’t it like a screw n a spacer ?
if I’m wrong shoot me down , but you only want to ensure it doesn’t get stuck , into the framo ?
could an alternate part do the task ?
I did have the exact same thought. But it's not as simple as that.

Plus I'm enough of a wanker not to want go MacGyver style with my Super Record parts.:cool:

Going down to Chorus if I need to is hard enough......