Can America be fixed?

smaj

Likes Dirt
Someone has given him shit for carrying a firearm out in the open on the trails, it is frowned upon in most places in the US. Most people class it as rude and a sign of aggressiveness.
Reminds me of a long running thread on a cycling forum, "Do you carry a gun on your ride?" -- was the longest-running thread on the forum from memory (for all the reasons you can imagine) :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you were doing an urban free ride through skid row, maybe it would be a good idea.
From memory there was a lot of concern about bear and cougar attacks. Personally I welcome any cougar that's remotely interested to let me know. There was also a bit of self defence from hostiles thrown in. Lots of talk about packs/harnesses for holstering the desert eagle on your chest etc etc.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
From memory there was a lot of concern about bear and cougar attacks.
That argument I could perhaps buy, coming from a country where the biggest animal worry on the trails is a snake...

This loony was all about the wannabe hero aspect though. The jersey at least is a good identifier of someone to avoid - like poisonous critters being brightly coloured ;)

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That argument I could perhaps buy, coming from a country where the biggest animal worry on the trails is a snake...

This loony was all about the wannabe here aspect though. The jersey at least is a good identifier of someone to avoid - like poisonous critters being brightly coloured ;)
Oh that screenshot was very much "I'm the hero!!!" bullshit.

From what little I have read about bear and cougar attacks, they tend to be a swift surprise. Bears are almost bullet proof as well. Both apparently taste good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I actually saw something about bear attacks a few days ago. Apparently black bears are more likely to run and hide. They generally live in denser woodland area etc. Where as brown bears are usually in more open lands and more likely to attack as they have less hiding options. Grain of salt and who rally knows etc. Bears look cool.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I actually saw something about bear attacks a few days ago. Apparently black bears are more likely to run and hide. They generally live in denser woodland area etc. Where as brown bears are usually in more open lands and more likely to attack as they have less hiding options. Grain of salt and who rally knows etc. Bears look cool.
Fatal bear attacks on trails aren't that common, might be area dependant but the stats on Appalachian hiking trail are very low. A lot of people carry bear spray these days. It's over 3000kms long and goes through a few states on the east coast.

Yellowstone national park.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
From what little I have read about bear and cougar attacks, they tend to be a swift surprise. Bears are almost bullet proof as well. Both apparently taste good.
Think theres some vvideos of people getting nailed out of no where by big cats while on a bike. and yeah, bears vs pistol...bear will win.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Another shooting, this time in Indiana. It's the first time I know of that the shooter has been shot by an armed civilian. That's a gun nuts wet dream.