can i run 2.5/2.7 tubes in 2.35 highrollers

jumpers

Likes Dirt
My new reign has french valves -cant find 2.35 free ride /dh tubes anywhere. Will there be any drama running 2.5 maxxis dh tubes??? Dont care about weight issue and dont want to drill out rims to fit schraders

redbruce

Eats Squid
My new reign has french valves -cant find 2.35 free ride /dh tubes anywhere. Will there be any drama running 2.5 maxxis dh tubes??? Dont care about weight issue and dont want to drill out rims to fit schraders
They fit in 2.35 minions so I dont see why not.

moorey

call me Mia
Meh. You mightn't want to drill them out, but its the better option, IMHO. You can cram presta up your date.

That was helpful, wasn't it.:very_drunk:

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just run normal tubes. If you're worried about pinching, go tubeless.

OR, you can squirt some sealant into a presta tube. I can post some pictures of how to do this if you are interested. I use it in my commuter and haven't flatted (aside from a total sidewall blowout) in three years.

needaride

Likes Dirt
I've found that I get flats a bit more often running the larger tubes in smaller tyres.. could just be me though. Had 2.5-2.7 DH tubes in a 2.35 High Roller and was pinching them too often. Got freeride tubes and no more issues..

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I've found that I get flats a bit more often running the larger tubes in smaller tyres.. could just be me though. Had 2.5-2.7 DH tubes in a 2.35 High Roller and was pinching them too often. Got freeride tubes and no more issues..
Thats what i worried about - last wkend ran 2.5 maxxis dh tubes at stromlo (12 runs pork barrel / double diss) and got flat. Ran dh tubes in my glory for 4 yrs with two flats only. Might try free ride but hard to get with presta

Moorey -that was outstanding help!!!