Can I silent glue this, short term

safreek

OK, just trying to get a weeks use out of totally rooted brakes
The pronger bit on the lever that pushes the cylinder ?on the lever is loose, the.brakes work when it.is.in place. Will any glue work just temp until I get new brakes
IMG_20180116_115826.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Ignoring all those full stops...brakes aren’t something I’d personally leave to chance.
The Hayes are a woeful old Brake, but I ‘think’ I have a couple of old levers somewhere. Not home till the weekend though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Given the ball end you would have to assume it pivots. Glue won't appreciate that. I would give some Sikaflex a go. Lots.

safreek

Ignoring all those full stops...brakes aren’t something I’d personally leave to chance.
The Hayes are a woeful old Brake, but I ‘think’ I have a couple of old levers somewhere. Not home till the weekend though.
cheers dude but if I had to replace levers I would just wait. have no tools to do so anyway

safreek

anyone know if the ebay helix brakes are any good, they come in many colours so that's a good point, about 70 or 80 bucks, as compared to the Cheepie shimano ones for the same price. I just assume that as you are bike nuts you would have seen these brakes ( helix) on cycling deals site. sorry but am to stupid to ad links. also how do I multiquote on this new platform

moorey

call me Mia
I could have sold you SLX for that...a few days ago.
I would avoid those helix like the plague. Colour choice is probably their best selling point.

Flow-Rider

Burner
the whole braking system is old and rooted, just needed a week or so out of it
A bearing shop or a hardware should have a circlip and washer that will fit. Unless someone has damaged the groove that the circlip sits in, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Better option is the xt m785’s on here. A little overpriced at $170, but room for negotiations.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is true. I probably have old saints laying around, about the right vintage. They still suck compared to a modern low end Shimano.
The rebadged m765s? I even have some sintered pads and 203mm rotors to donate to the cause.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk