Can I sub a R.H lever member unit into a L.H lever body? (Shimano M785 brakes)

PJO

in me vL comy
Hand a small off, which unfortunately mangled a some bits on my bike, the lever blade got a bit of extra bending at the end and now doesn't feel as good as it used to, still works but the bend is now much more extreme.

I have a smashed R.H. lever on which I broke the clamp that holds it to the bars (should make crashing less of a habit!!) with a good lever blade (lever member unit according to si.shimano.com) and I want to chuck it onto the other side. They are listed as different part numbers, and I have had these apart before and I know that the return spring is a different shape but is there anything else that is different about the two sides??
Will it work?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The locating holes for the springs are different, hence the left/right non-swapability.

They can be dismantled, there's a tiny grubscrew hidden under a rubber plug, which once loosened allows the pivot pin to be pushed out. I'll have a squizz, I might have a compatible parts donor.

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
An update.
I managed to swap the lever member units no problem. Just kept the correct return spring with each lever body, the levers looked identical (except for the extra bend at the tip lever blade). Works no problem, both were Shimano M785...