Can someone monster my date

safreek

Just wondering if someone would have an idea of what year these were made, I am trying to get new decals but don't want to look the right bobber and put the wrong years on them.
Please don't tell me to look at the date on the lowers as it has none. Please help.
They came off an old 04-05 stinky but assume they are add on
Screenshot_20180806-132946.jpeg

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Maybe try contacting scv imports. They were the Aussie distro for many years. They probably imported the pair you have if they weren’t bought overseas.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There should be a year number stamped onto the underside of the lower crown. That is the production year your fork was made unless the crowns were swapped at some stage.
looks like a 2003 or 2004.
btw i have some spare monster t. seals brand new if you are interested

safreek

Serial #?
There should be a year number stamped onto the underside of the lower crown. That is the production year your fork was made unless the crowns were swapped at some stage.
looks like a 2003 or 2004.
btw i have some spare monster t. seals brand new if you are interested
Honestly I hadn't thought of under the crown, thanks I shall check.
Also yes I would be interested in the seals if not to pricey, the ones I have in seem fine but am going to change the oil soon if I find correct levels/amounts. I guess I will need a couple litres of the correct oil

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My Z1 Bombers from around the same period used less than 1lt, and it was power steering fluid too.

I can't remember exactly, but from memory the correct fluid level was something like 5cm from the bottom of the seals.

BUT, they are Bombers, not Monsters so it may be different.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It could also be a monter t 2 model which has different internals to the original monster.
oil volume for standard monster is 435cc each leg or 115mm from top of leg with fork bottomed out.
$50 for the seals

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Honestly I hadn't thought of under the crown, thanks I shall check.
Also yes I would be interested in the seals if not to pricey, the ones I have in seem fine but am going to change the oil soon if I find correct levels/amounts. I guess I will need a couple litres of the correct oil
You could cut through the stanchions and count the rings?

safreek

It could also be a monter t 2 model which has different internals to the original monster.
oil volume for standard monster is 435cc each leg or 115mm from top of leg with fork bottomed out.
$50 for the seals
If you are not in a rush to sell the seals I would take them in a month or so, still getting a drivetrain together at the most.