Canberra rides and beers

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Before we land on Stromlo, can I ask if there are any food options there, given that we're hitting it up at dinner time?

Secondly, and related to the question above, anyone up for bouncing into Bentspoke/Old Canberra Inn/wherever afterward?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Before we land on Stromlo, can I ask if there are any food options there, given that we're hitting it up at dinner time?

Secondly, and related to the question above, anyone up for bouncing into Bentspoke/Old Canberra Inn/wherever afterward?
I can bring Vegemite sandwiches.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

If the handlebar is open they do some hot food options and there is Grease Monkey out there sometimes.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Seems that they are open until 8:30pm Friday, so that works nicely.

@droenn you want to ride share so you don't have to keep it tame/civil?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Seems that they are open until 8:30pm Friday, so that works nicely.

Grease Monkey has bailed so I don't know if the evening food options are up yet, I'll give 'em shout on Facey/Insta and ask.

Bentspoke takes walk-ins downstairs and upstairs is fully booked. Ideally a table outside would be great but might require some standing around.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
are we ending up at the Lighthouse? But yes, happy to ride share!

Happy to start at Handlebar if thats going to be open, but I think Bentspoke or Canberra Inn are always going to be safer options.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
are we ending up at the Lighthouse? But yes, happy to ride share!

Happy to start at Handlebar if thats going to be open, but I think Bentspoke or Canberra Inn are always going to be safer options.
Yeah, agreed. I can be in town early and hunt for an outdoor spot if that suits everyone. If it has to be handlebar, no probs, but keen to consider all options.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah, agreed. I can be in town early and hunt for an outdoor spot if that suits everyone. If it has to be handlebar, no probs, but keen to consider all options.
I'm going to try and get a ride in tomorrow afternoon/evening if it's not raining and will be coming in on the bike so either Stromlo, OCI or bentspoke would work best for me.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Going to have to bow out for tonight. Kids got a cold from school this week (tested and not COVID) and now I'm starting to get some symptoms. This isn't the kind of Christmas present you want to give anyone, especially at the moment.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Nice one, I'm in too. Do I risk public transport on the way in?

Last edited: