Canberra Farkin Burner Christmas Gnar Fest

When works for a pre Christmas gnar session

• Weekday evening (Handlebar might be closed)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Saturday morning (Disapproving looks from Roadies as we have a beer at 10am)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday afternoon (Crowded trails but the beer will be cold)

• Sunday morning (As with Saturday morning, stuff Roadies)

• Sunday afternoon (Again crowded but an excuse to have a short ride and longer in the bar)

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Don’t know if the coastal southerly this afternoon will help with the Braidwood smoke. Let’s see how it looks in the morning?

T-Rex

Template denier
Well my attendance is looking very doubtful at this point.

The Hume is closed between Campbelltown and Moss Vale and only way out of Sydney is via Kangaroo Valley, a narrow and twisty road currently jammed with stationary looking traffic according to Google Maps.

T-Rex

Template denier
On a brighter note the Southerly Buster has just hit Sydney, it’s like someone turned the air conditioner on, but outside. Hope Canberra is getting some of this

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
We left earlier than planned this morning in the hope of getting through before it got closed.

I think it was the easiest run I've ever had, even Southern Cross Drive and the M5 were quiet. Heavy heavy smoke around Picton for about 50kms,visibility would have been less then 100 metres, it didn't deter the dickheads than want to tailgate though. Not surprised they closed it and it wasn't even that hot when we went through.

Looking forward to a few more beers and a vino tonight and a cooler day tomorrow with a pedal thrown in.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yeah easterly winds all night. It's pretty bad out there right now so it looks like new years if the smoke clears.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
There was a lovely smoke free period this afternoon where things were looking up. Now we’re back to Armageddon.

Revisit in the morning I guess.

But all power to the people on the front line dealing with this shit. Thoughts and prayers please guys.

T-Rex

Template denier
Hume has reopened so back to the original plan leave Sydney at 6am. Might yet make the 9:30 start if the smoke isn’t too bad and Stromlo is open. Failing that, straight to Capital Brewing or Bent Spoke.

T-Rex

Template denier
Got on the road at 6, should be good for 9:30 at Stromlo assuming it’s open and the smoke isn’t too bad

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not bad here and riding if you're used to Sydney for the last month or so.

Handlebar cafe is card only...farking rookie error, no coffee for me.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Have a good one guys, smoke isn’t doing it for me. @T-Rex looks you might have timed leaving quite well this morning, I think the Hume is closed again.