STOLEN Canberrans.....2013 Trek bikes

BlakZ

Likes Dirt
That is a lot of bikes to hide! They would be stupid to move them on within Canberra, even within the country. They must be really dumb, or have a very grand plan.

I imagine theft of ~300,000 is substantial jail time?

Maybe they really like the new treks and will be riding them one after the other until they break?

John U

MTB Precision
Reminiscent of the Cannondale job from about 2007. A whole container load of next years high end models were stolen. I don't think any were ever found.

Same people?

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
You'd think the frames will never see the light of day again. Just strip and sell all those parts and very few people would pick up on what actually happened.

Sorry to hear that for the Trek guys by all accounts they are a very good bunch of people.

I always wondered when that trailer would get knocked off, however I also assumed that no bikes were ever in it!

If anyone gets the list of the bikes it might be good to publish so Rotorburners can keep an eye out.

rone

Eats Squid
Hang on. $300,000 divided by 40 means that the average value of the bikes was $7,500.

I know Treks are overpriced, but hey. Wonder if that's the insured value, if you know what I mean.:eyebrows:

Twisted&Broken

Likes Bikes
If any of them turn up for sale just be carefull. A guy at my work bought a road bike on Ebay last year that was near new nice and cheap.

The guy told him he bought it rode it once or twice and didn't like road bikes so it was for sale.

About a month after he bought it there was a knock at the door and the cops took his bike off him. It was stolen from a shop along with a few others.

Long story short. He's $5k poorer and doesn't have a bike. They tracked him from his ebay account. Paid cash so not a leg to stand on.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Hang on. $300,000 divided by 40 means that the average value of the bikes was $7,500.

I know Treks are overpriced, but hey. Wonder if that's the insured value, if you know what I mean.:eyebrows:
Shit luck, hope the pricks get caught..
On the overpriced bit, a lot of people say this. I have a session 88 which I bought largely due to it being one of the cheaper options at $2250 for frame shock and headset (2011). Have since had a warranty claim and a brand new 2012 frame replacement. I know the 9.9's are expensive, but are treks really yuppie territory or is that just a perception out there?