Sold Cane Creek DBair IL 200x57

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Item: Current generation (black climb lever) Cane Creek DBair IL 200x57
Item Condition: Used - But in excellent condition
Reason for selling: Going to a DBcoil IL
Price and price conditions: $440 + shipping - - In person trades accepted as well for DBcoil IL OR Fox DHX2.
Extra Info:
Came on a used frame, 2016 Banshee Spitfire. Appears in good condition, no leaks or knocks. Unknown service history.
Pictures: Will be up in the next couple of hours.

Last edited:

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
The IL body/damper can be converted to coil. Most of the major CaneCreek service centres can do it. Price includes a service so if you do it when you need a service anyway it works out fairly reasonable. I’m going to do it when my shock is due.

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
The IL body/damper can be converted to coil. Most of the major CaneCreek service centres can do it. Price includes a service so if you do it when you need a service anyway it works out fairly reasonable. I’m going to do it when my shock is due.
Wait WHAT!

So nsdynamics could do this?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Wait WHAT!

So nsdynamics could do this?
If this ends up being something they can do, would you be interested in cutting your costs a bit by using my shock that needs a service? I've got a 200x57 that needs a service, but absolutely no aspirations to change it to coil for myself. We could trade shocks and I shoot you some $$ or I can get mine converted/serviced then swap with some $$ my way.

...if they can do this

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
NS Dynamics converted mine, Sydney Suspension Centre did not convert them at the time which was last year. Money well spent.

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Hmm.

If I can't find a buyer I guess its an option. But it's definitely more cost effective to sell this and buy a new dbcoil and spring.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry got nothing to add here but... Any of yous blokes got an unwanted 450lb or 500lb Valt spring ?

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Would also be keen on a DHX2 + Cash

I got quote back from NSdynamics...$315 with no spring. So it seems its a real thing.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Conversion is really only worth it if original shock is in need of a service. I only did it as I got sold a completely blown ccdba

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
Massive price drop!! $250 Obo

Took advantage of the frenzy sale on Pushys and bought a coil.

After a hard ride, noticed that the shaft had a light sheen of oil. So may be due for a rebuild in next 6 months. $190 from NSD

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk