Cane creek Forty replacement bearings

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
How long do you blokes get out of your 40 ser. headset bearings ? I had a FSA last over 4 years and a King more than 2 years and it still was ok up until I did a frame swap. Just gone over to the Canecreek 40 and it's been 6 months on one bike and a couple months on the other but everything is still working fine.
Unless the grease is tightly packed in there 2-3 wet rides, then they are done for, worst headset I have ever owned for quality. 110 solves the issue, although every other headset I have owned has never had an issue, even the non branded ones, might have been lucky.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
6-12 months out of two sets of 40 series. Before corroded and notchy bottom bearings. I grease on installation. 110 series 2yrs plus never serviced and sweet. King inset 2.5 yrs never services and smooth as still.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Unless the grease is tightly packed in there 2-3 wet rides, then they are done for, worst headset I have ever owned for quality. 110 solves the issue, although every other headset I have owned has never had an issue, even the non branded ones, might have been lucky.
That doesn't sound too promising.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
So is there any other difference between 40 and 110 other then bearings? Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
although every other headset I have owned has never had an issue, even the non branded ones, might have been lucky.
Likewise, I don't even know what is on my 3 other bikes (than the DH bike I'm working on now that I posted about), I haven't ever greased them or even taken the forks out and they're fine. Ridden/commuted on them in the rain heaps of times as well. Just lucky I guess.