STOLEN Canfield Balance - Newcastle

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unfortunately this city has many low lifes. So despite the police actually putting some effort in on this theft (they phoned me lots and asked lots of questions) I never got my bike back. Fortunately it was insured. There was an article in the local news paper recently about the bike theft crime wave here.

AussieBen

Likes Bikes
Could be worse, the cops could of dropped it off after some Hamilton Houso's slacko retro fitted some 29's to it. Imagine the conversations!
29er.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And with the seat quite prominantly pointing up bearing a tide mark....

On the plus side the first installment of new parts for the replacement arrived today. Fresh wheels from pushy's magic sale.

slowmick

38-39"
I think there is an early 2000's kona frame lying in a gutter somewhere after it was mugged for it parts...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that is an interesting advertisement. It is also highly inaccurate. That frame is quite old! It's definitely my frame (gold headset and leather lizard skin patches are a dead give away), not the wheels and forks. One of the kids I used to work with (seems like years ago Now!) purchased a bike of Facebook that had my forks and wheels on it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The guy who traded it in probably doesnt ride it anymore now that he has the Pivot.
Hahahahahaaaaaa!

@pink poodle Git your bike back!
I'll follow it up, but am not optomistic. A primary issue is that this is technically the insurance company I was using at the times bike now. They cashed me out and I thus have no legal ownership of the bike. I've been down the recovery line before. I came across one of my bikes on a construction site about 6 years ago. I rocked up to the police hq (about 400m away) and reported it to them. The cop had zero interest in helping me out. I would have been better off just stealing it back, but the cop assured me that I would have been breaking the law in that case.

A friend of mine however had his stolen bike returned to him by the police almost 1 year after it was stolen.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Set the Karma wheels in motion I say.

If you have a police report from years ago, the Cash Converters people are legally liable to turn in the person who sold it to them I believe.

More than likely the insurance company won't care and you could well end up with the bike again.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahahahahaaaaaa

A friend of mine however had his stolen bike returned to him by the police almost 1 year after it was stolen.
The LBS I used to work in had a customer bring a bike in for a service (Avocet custom frame) that had been stolen a few years prior. Wheredyagedditmate ? oh from a Police auction a few weeks ago......

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
If you really want the bike bike follow it up, you'll get it, the insurance company won't care (it'll cost them more in admin than it's worth).

I've been in the same situation twice and insurance co didn't want to know about.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Well that is an interesting advertisement. It is also highly inaccurate. That frame is quite old! It's definitely my frame (gold headset and leather lizard skin patches are a dead give away), not the wheels and forks. One of the kids I used to work with (seems like years ago Now!) purchased a bike of Facebook that had my forks and wheels on it.
I just realised this wasn't the bike you had stolen recently. Now I understand a bit better why you weren't going after it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just realised this wasn't the bike you had stolen recently. Now I understand a bit better why you weren't going after it.
Yeah the balance was many years ago now. It was a great bike, note the fairly raked head angle. Top tube could have been a bit lower. Rode very nicely.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
That bike has been at the Broadmeadow cashies store for well over a year, he also has it advertised on gumtree every now and then..I have tried to lowball the manager several times