Canfield EPO

mint355

Likes Dirt

Front shock/fork - DVO Diamond 140mm
Handlebars - Renthal fatbar carbon
Stem - Renthal apex
Headset - some piece of shit (thanks Rod...)
Grips - SC Palmdale
Saddle - Specialized Henge Como
Seatpost - KS LEV 150mm
Front brake -XT M8000
Rear brake - XT M8000
Cranks - XT M8000 175mm
Chainguide -
Chain - XT
Pedals - XT
Rear derailleur - XT M8000
Rear shifter - XT M8000
Cassette - XT M8000
Front hub - DT Swiss 240
Rear hub - DT Swiss 240
Front rim - Enve M60
Rear rim - Enve M60
Spokes - Sapim cx-Ray
Nipples - Enve brass
Tyres - Maxxis Minion dhr 2/ ss
Total weight -10.98kgs

Last edited:

mint355

Likes Dirt
Had a Kona Explosif 650b hardtail that quickly became my no 1 go to bike, cracked it and decided to sell up most of my quiver to finance this and another bike...

beejay

Likes Dirt
That is one of the sweetest looking bikes I've seen in a while!!!
Nicely done mint355.

What's with the blurry bits in the photo though? On the top tube near the seat post junction.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
What's with the blurry bits in the photo though? On the top tube near the seat post junction.
It is the illegitimate love child of rampant paranoia and over inflated ego.

Seriously though mint, if you're concerned enough about privacy to 'shop out your name decal, why would you even use one in the first place? Unless your name is Gaylord, then I completely understand.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Seriously though mint, if you're concerned enough about privacy to 'shop out your name decal, why would you even use one in the first place? Unless your name is Gaylord, then I completely understand.
Call me paranoid... Seriously though Simon its called Internet security. You should use it.. You have some hilarious pics online (FB) You should lock that shit up or blur your face out... you monster, your just nikpicking... Hang on its not moorey.... are you trying to be his stand in while he is at transNZ..

Last edited:

mint355

Likes Dirt
That is one of the sweetest looking bikes I've seen in a while!!!
Nicely done mint355.

Cheers

Thats just my paranoid ego

Minlak

custom titis
Call me paranoid... Seriously though Simon its called Internet security. You should use it.. You have some hilarious pics online (FB) You should lock that shit up or blur your face out... you monster, your just nikpicking... Hang on its not moorey.... are you trying to be his stand in while he is at transNZ..
Ahhh the ironing.........

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Oh no! And here I am thinking the stuff I put on social media was private and secure. Is the name on that bike Dick Tracey, and the address ASIO Headquarters 007 NothingSeeHere Street Canberra?

Anyhoo, I'll get a new witness protection ID off the feds tomorrow, in the meantime, do something about the roller doors and gable on the garage, that white looks putrid against the cheap clinker brick, more of a ginger colour might work. Oh, and as a wise man once said #enough#with#the#fucking#hash#fucking#tagging#bro

mint355

Likes Dirt
Oh no! And here I am thinking the stuff I put on social media was private and secure. Is the name on that bike Dick Tracey, and the address ASIO Headquarters 007 NothingSeeHere Street Canberra?

Anyhoo, I'll get a new witness protection ID off the feds tomorrow, in the meantime, do something about the roller doors and gable on the garage, that white looks putrid against the cheap clinker brick, more of a ginger colour might work. Oh, and as a wise man once said #enough#with#the#fucking#hash#fucking#tagging#bro
Bahaha your a funny guy or is it...

moorey

call me Mia
Jebus, I can't leave you 2 alone for 5 minutes. Don't make me come back there!

Nice clunker, but.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You & Zaf are leading the charge around here, Mintie...

Looking forward to a ride report.

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

Haha, make sure you tell them the full ride report Minty!
And just remember that not all love stories start from a place of instant adoration, they come from a place of conflict and grow over time.

Really cool looking bike though, got to see it spinning around earlier in the week and it's just perfect! Would love to get a matching one (was eyeing old mates who was selling one up here), but everyone knows I copy you as it is, and I just got colour matchy decals on my Kona.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPG

Likes Bikes
Can't make out the dropper post cabling in your pics, frame specs indicate no stealth dropper cable route ?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Can't make out the dropper post cabling in your pics, frame specs indicate no stealth dropper cable route ?
Is that not the dropper cable coming into the left side of the top tube?

Looks like the one on the right goes to the derailleur, and the brake hose goes along the down tube.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Its there
Is that not the dropper cable coming into the left side of the top tube?

Looks like the one on the right goes to the derailleur, and the brake hose goes along the down tube.
Yeah runs along the left side of the top tube and up the side of the seattube. The cable routing is not the greatest on earth, Eg: from the rear brake caliper there is one cable guide on the chainstay running XT brakes the hose exits on the left and runs completely in the air!!! See attachment
this is the best fix I came up with

mint355

Likes Dirt
Haha, make sure you tell them the full ride report Minty!
And just remember that not all love stories start from a place of instant adoration, they come from a place of conflict and grow over time.
Ha Righto... its true originally I build it with a 125mm ks dropper and at max post height the saddle was about 25mm too short.
Anyways pulled that and tried to ride it without the dropper and with the 74.5° seattube the saddle was just in the way the whole time. I just didnt feel the love for this bike at all after the first few rides (I fucking loved my Kona from the first few pedals!).
Anyways I got a 150mm dropper for it now and its starting to feel pretty good.
Even with the rediculosly short rear end (414mm) it has a lonnggg front centre and a steep ST!! Which make it tricky to loft the front wheel, mind you it just wants manual when its up!! Has some amazing front end grip also can just tip it into a corner. So a bit of getting used to it. The DVO forks feel great!!! And the shimano xt well it works fine. Nuff said about the wheels...

Last edited: