Canfield Nimble 9 build. Need your opinion.

What frame fork colour option?

• Red Black

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Red White

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Blue Black

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Blue White

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
So lucky or unlucky me have the choice of one of these two colours and possibly fork combos(and pedals, but that's to much for the poll, but feel free to comment).
Both forks are 27" forks and the frame is a 29er, but silly short in the rear, so could be built with 27"(650b)wheels, but pretty sure I'll do it as a 29er. Fork option and colour selection is still appreciated as I'll be getting either new 29er Pikes(Black or White) or New 29er Formula forks(Black or White).
Sorry for all the pics. They really don't do the paint justice. The Blue looks as good as the red does in pics, and the red that much better again in real life.
Blue glows in the dark too.IMG_4586.jpgIMG_4590.jpgIMG_4593.jpgIMG_4594.jpgIMG_4597.jpgIMG_4598.jpg

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Red frame , Bos and black pedals . Are you able to service the BOS yourself ? . I know you good with bikes but can u get spare parts for servicing ? .

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you going to be distributing Canfield? If so, good luck, it's an excellent brand.

Love to see some prices :)

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rod keep the Devilles. The compression control is so much better. You won't look back. Ive been hammering mine like a Dh fork and they've been nothing short of awesome. Only thing that bugs me is the axle clamp sometimes likes to work itself loose (while also being hard to release at the same time?). Just need to keep an eye on it, or when its in closed position tighten the allen key on the quick release lever fully tight so it can't move.

Only thing i will say is proper tuning needs to be done on the trail, carpark tuning just doesn't work well with these forks. People often sit on my bike and say your forks feel sticky/odd.. but then when they ride it at speed they are pretty amazed at the control.
Service parts can be had (NS etc had a few).

I like both frame colours.. Maybe go the red!

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're trendy go for blue/white/blue.

If it were me I'd strip the either frame and get it done in ano black, with black pikes and black pedals.

Brutal.

No Skid Marks

Are you able to service the BOS yourself ? . I know you good with bikes but can u get spare parts for servicing ? .
The Bos are actually for another 650b bike. They're just for colour reference. Same with the Pikes. I'll be getting Pikes or Formulas for this frame in either black or white. Formulas will have similar colour stanchions to Bos.

Are you going to be distributing Canfield? If so, good luck, it's an excellent brand.

Love to see some prices :)
Yes we(Crankin) are, hence having the choice. These frames are $850 each while our dollar looses traction, We can do a package deal with other parts. Pm me for any other info or pricing.

Rod keep the Devilles.
Yeah they're for another 27" wheel build. Unless they sell first.

If it were me I'd strip the either frame and get it done in ano black, with black pikes and black pedals.
Ha ha. I had matt black ordered but swapped it so I had a sample of another colour. Black is available.
I'm pretty impressed with these two though. Not really seen better paint jobs. They both look sick, hence the initial question. The red with all black would look sick. it's dark red. Blue would look good with anything, it has a slight pearl and sparkle in it. and glows in the fricken dark.

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

It's that old it is for sale.....
Only cause I need space, gone from four car garage to one car garage:pout:
Happy to keep it otherwise, if I can't get good coin for it. It's mad fun as a commuter or fire road & fast singletrack blaster, or for epic rides. Iso have a cool 150mm dually 27.5 that does similar stuff well though.
they get sold from newborn in some countries, this one looks old enough to ride a bike.
Um.
I will possibly keep this frame forever, as she has ridden on it since she was old enough.