Cannondale Clock to Clock Challenge in Woodend

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
Hi Everyone. The Cannondale Clock to Clock Challenge is new race being run from Woodend over Mt Macedon and back. We apologise for the late notice for this race but parks originally knocked the permit back last november and then told us we could have it last week.

Parks have never issued a permit to race on the actual mount so its pretty cool to get one. For those of you that ride the Wombat this race will use tracks completely different form anything out there and no tracks from the DW 100. So it will be new to most of you.

Race format is 2 laps at about a total of 70km going through town at the end of each lap with a feed station at the Mt Macedon winery. It has one of the best descents that I have ever ridden in it, and for most of you it will be tracks you have not ridden before.

The race village is in town with cafes and restaurants 50m away so no dirt and dust. We will have jumping castles etc for the kids so it should be a great day out for the family.

Any questions I will try to answer as quickly as possible or Paul s number is on the flyer. We kept the entry as low as we can ($60) and its a MTBA event.

Cheers Darren

Website Bellow

http://www.link2trail.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23:clock-intro

This a video from a ride last year that is mainly on the trails from the race.

[video=vimeo;10130229]http://www.vimeo.com/10130229[/video]

Last edited:

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I trained a lot out at Macedon last year, and it's a beautiful part of the world. I'm in. It'll make an excellent recovery ride from Bike Buller!

akashra

Eats Squid
Given that this is being held at Macedon/Woodend, the question probably need sto be asked: Are entries capped, and if so, to how many riders?

tumble_downs

Likes Dirt
I really hope I can do this, but working in the wine industry, this may be the middle of vintage. How late can we enter?

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
They haven't told us how many can enter. I think we can handle about 400. I think given the late notice entries will be taken on the day to a certain time. Definently the saturday afternoon though.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
oh gees....Crazy Six, Otway, Bike Buller, Woodend! sooooo many races all in a row and yet somehow I am doing them all?!?! will have to see if this one gets added or not...will decide post Buller :) sounds awesome though!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
oh gees....Crazy Six, Otway, Bike Buller, Woodend! sooooo many races all in a row and yet somehow I am doing them all?!?! will have to see if this one gets added or not...will decide post Buller :) sounds awesome though!
I know what you mean. If I do this race that would make 7 weeks in a row. Crazy 6, OO,Gippsland MTB 3 hour, Mt Beauty 6 hour, Woodend, Capital Punishment and back to Gippsland MTB for round 2.
Who needs training?

adaib

Likes Dirt
i can't find the event on entry zone, so is there a website that you can get the entry zone link from?.
Are there mroe details about % single track and elevation graphs ect?

fergo

Likes Dirt
It will be lots of steep up and even more fantastic single track down. The pines section will be amazing.

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
Guys its not actually that steep. The main climb up from Woodend will take an average rider 35min and only the last bit would require granny if at all. There is one very steep bit that about 100m long and you can roll up the the 1st half. This is very fun coarse. There wouldn't be more than 900m vert per lap and there is a winery half way through the lap to stop for a drink.

About 35% will be singletrack but some of the fire roads are really interesting.

The website and entries will be up very soon.

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
A quick video from a ride that is is mainly on the trails in the race.

[video=vimeo;10130229]http://www.vimeo.com/10130229[/video]