Cannondale new DH bike with 2 shocks

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Looks unreal I reckon, great to see some innovation and companies not afraid to put it into production.
If that thing improves your grip then I'm all for it and would chuck it on my list of desired bikes for sure.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
There was a Kiwi company that did the same thing as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

safreek

Nearly got a dual shock corsair, some bastard beat me to it. 250 bucks.
Would still prefer the Cannondale dual shock being talked about, if I could put 26 inch wheels on it (and had the money)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
was it just me or
#1 was the rider poor at reporting back about its performance
#2 he didn’t appear to like the ride so much?
or did i misinterpret?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
was it just me or
#1 was the rider poor at reporting back about its performance
#2 he didn’t appear to like the ride so much?
or did i misinterpret?
Yeah i got the same impression that he was not overly impressed with how the bike rides. Then again I was drooling on the 2 shocks and the fact that Cannondale is back in the DH game. It has been a while since Judge and Gemini was seen in DH scene. I thought they were going to go down the easy path of just beefing up the jekyll and chuck 210mm dual crown forks and 200mm rear shock. Oh how wrong was I..

Sorry long term cannondale fan here. I've always liked them - started with road bikes, triathlon/TT bikes, then their MTBs. I was after one of those elusive prophet MX in small few years back. Never got one. Eventually move on to something else.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Now I'm waiting for some enterprising individual in a garage to stick two rear shocks onto an inverted rigid fork and make something wackily different :|

dh1

Likes Dirt
I read from the pinkbike comments that I think its actually just 1 shock with the air seperated from the coil, not 2 shocks.
This is my understanding as well. It’s not the typical ‘2 shock, design.
Also read you can run it with 1 shock only.

I think it is quite an interesting idea to seperate the spring from the dampener, will be good to see where it goes.

moorey

call me Mia
Was that video meant to be POSITIVE promotion for the bike?
If it ever reaches production, looks like a whole lot of fun for the average punter to set up.
Not my cuppa, but good to see Cannondale might be making a comeback into the sport.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was that video meant to be POSITIVE promotion for the bike?
If it ever reaches production, looks like a whole lot of fun for the average punter to set up.
Not my cuppa, but good to see Cannondale might be making a comeback into the sport.
I actually liked the video for a change. Thought it was nice and low key as you got to see the R&D side and people you wouldnt normally hear about. Can see how it wouldn't appeal to others though.

moorey

call me Mia
I actually liked the video for a change. Thought it was nice and low key as you got to see the R&D side and people you wouldnt normally hear about. Can see how it wouldn't appeal to others though.
Yeah, but that’s the polished, marketing version. I’d like to see what really went on.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There’s no idea from the video how far into testing they are. Simmonds may not like the bike which is the whole point of testing. I agree he didn’t sound all that great at giving feedback but it’s such a short clip and given Cannondale reckon he’s a good test pilot I’m happy to reserve judgement.