Cannondale, sharp as

safreek

Saw this little beauty today, ooooh, a lefty and all.
This all started with a message to a fella on gumtree last night, no answer by the morning so I was off for a ride on the Moto at New Italy.

Pulled up in the carpark and was about to pull the bike off the rack "Bing" goes the phone, it's old matey with the Cannondale saying come and get it. Obviously no ride going on today.

Quick little drive to Kingscliff and I take possession of this scalpel, yes it's old but it runs pretty well.
Lefty fork, xt derailleur and cranks. Will be putting new bars on it as these are 580mm wide

So, I finally have a true xc bike to have a crack on.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Man those bars look comically narrow these days. Must have felt ridiculously light when you picked it up compared to your other ‘xc’ rigs. Nice one

safreek

Jeezuz, you're not going to know what to do with yourself when you pedal and actually gain speed

Got a decent helmet for your maiden run?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
It will be interesting, apparently 67mm of sweet travel, and a lefty. I am going to wear a helmet first up. I expect some good times

safreek

Man those bars look comically narrow these days. Must have felt ridiculously light when you picked it up compared to your other ‘xc’ rigs. Nice one
I think I will put some 650ish bars on. I will tell you what, it felt strange having so much acceleration especially with no knobbies to slow it down.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Honestly, I don't think it looks bad at all and the colour scheme is pretty cool. The shock/linkage freaked me out, but if it works then it works. Plus it has your duelling loves of dual-clamp forks and retro XC tech all bundled in one wacky fork. Look at it from one side - Yeah sick it's got a big burly dual clamp on it. XC sensibilities kicking in again? Walk round the other side of the bike!

Get out there and ride it and let us know how it shreds!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What, huh, have I finally joined the elite, not one person has told me my bike is an ugly piece of shit. Come on, dropping the ball or what
Well, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now.........

But it does actually fulfil what you say you want. XC, tick. Retro, tick. Lefty, tick.

Time will tell if it is actually what you want.