Cannondale Trigger 29er - Now with XX1!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
*Editing this post now, no longer a build thread... updated on page 4!*

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0138.jpg

I've been riding this for the past couple of months now and it's excellent. Granted I haven't ridden it much due to snowboarding commitments over the winter. I've only just gotten used to the 29er feel when descending, it is a bit strange and noticeably not as good as my old 26" jekyll on the way down. The Pull shock is great and works wonders, does exactly what cannondale says it does, two completely different shock tunes in one. At present I have the short travel mode set with very slow rebound, where as the long travel mode is quite a bit faster. I find this makes it more efficient riding around the trails and still enables me to run a much more responsive shock on the descents (I've found in the past there's a trade off between responsiveness/rebound speed and pedaling efficiency).

The forks are superb. I had the tapered steerer swapped out for a straight 1.5" by Gripsport. This, couple with the 20mm front axle really counters the added wheel flex of the larger wheel. The RCT3 damper works well for me too. For general trail duties I leave it in the middle, but like the shock, I can switch it to a much more active mode when I want to have some fun.

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
New bit's turned up today and more things are coming this week. It's like christmas!

Not a Trance and not an SB95C (unfortunately), although the geometry is pretty well identical to the Yeti.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Wheels turned up today. Stans ZTR Crest to Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs. Probably a little light on, but for the price I got them for I don't really mind if I have to replace the rims somewhere down the track.

IMAG1102.jpg

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Where'd you get the wheels mate? Looking to be a great build.
Straight off Wiggle. I did want to get Arch EX rims, at least for the rear, however it was far cheaper for me to get these off Wiggle then to buy a similar set locally.

Probably going to ditch the front deraileur and run 1x10 as well.

Also, it's none of the frames mentioned ;)

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Another piece. Avid X0 World cup levers to Code Calipers. Overkill, Yes. But I was looking for X0 trails and couldn't find any for a reasonable price. I figured there's stuff all weight difference in the calipers so I may as well have the extra power, also it'll be convenient having the same brake pads for both my mountain bikes. I bought 2 sets of these last week, these one's are actually destined for my DH bike as they're a bit scratched up. I've got a new set coming for the cross country bike.

I'm hoping to have the bike built by the end of the week. Exciting times.

IMAG1114.jpg