Canyon Australia

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
How can we get the pricing?

The australian online site apparently will be running as of December with bikes shipping outa melbourne.
Very impressive bikes for the coin
Where have you seen the pricing? It doesn't list Australian availability on their website, does it?

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Being eyeing off one of their roadies for a while now.

If their prices are as good as their relative Euro market prices we will be seeing a lot of canyons on both the roads and trails.

does anyone know if they will be internet order only, or will we be seeing a few retail stores that stock them? It always nice to see a bike in the flesh before parting ways with a decent sum of cold hard.

wilso1

Likes Bikes
does anyone know if they will be internet order only, or will we be seeing a few retail stores that stock them? It always nice to see a bike in the flesh before parting ways with a decent sum of cold hard.
I'm not a betting man, but I'll say internet only.
In all of Europe, they had only one 'shopfront', in Germany. I think you could size bikes there, but they didn't have all models or sizes on the floor. And you still couldn't buy off the floor - web order only.
In the UK, their presence was only for servicing. No retail.

I put my faith in their measurement system and bought an Inflite (commuter/cyclocross). The fit was perfect for me, to the point I then replicated it on my road bike. Worked for me!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More importantly when will they sponsor rotorburn - it would do wonders for there mtb profile. Mods get the marketing team on to it....

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being eyeing off one of their roadies for a while now.

If their prices are as good as their relative Euro market prices we will be seeing a lot of canyons on both the roads and trails.

Cyclingtips had a pretty informative interview with the new Australian & New Zealand marketing manager;
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/07/canyon-bicycles-enters-australian-and-new-zealand-market/

'How are you going to sell product? Exclusively online? Through any dealers?

The same direct model as used successfully in Europe. Customers will order their bikes online and they will be shipped direct to the customer from Koblenz.

Will there be places to test ride the bikes?

Yes we intend to have a test fleet for events. Most likely not from the start though. In saying this, Canyon have a 30 day test period for consumers that purchase. This is better than any demo day could ever be! If the bike doesn’t fit or it is not what you expected we will collect it for return no questions asked.'

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
current pricing in euros is up on there euro site. Use a currency converter.
Not sure if they will be same price when they launch here.
I think a safe 15-20% would needed to be added to those prices even after converting. 10% GST initially then the fact that the USA and Europe think Australia is a left turn at Pluto.

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
It's just the cost of doing business.......

They'll obviously have to cover the cost of their local operation and "other expenses they don't incur in Europe"

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Regardless... I'm holding out for the Canyon Ultimate Disc, hoping it becomes available soon. Darkside.....

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
current pricing in euros is up on there euro site. Use a currency converter.
Not sure if they will be same price when they launch here.
'The cost of shipping will make it hard for us to be as competitive as we would like to be'
Pulled directly from the article I linked, so I'm guessing they won't be the steal they are in Europe.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Surely they can't ship directly to the consumer from a warehouse overseas?

The whole 30 days try before you buy thing would be crazy if you had to ship internationally to get a different frame size.

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
Unlikely it will just be the shipping charges

'The cost of shipping will make it hard for us to be as competitive as we would like to be'
Pulled directly from the article I linked, so I'm guessing they won't be the steal they are in Europe.
Assuming you could get a bike here from Germany for around $300.00 to $500.00 on a good freight contract, but I'll bet that isn't the only "extra" we'll be slugged with.

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Surely they can't ship directly to the consumer from a warehouse overseas?

The whole 30 days try before you buy thing would be crazy if you had to ship internationally to get a different frame size.
Apparently setting up a depot in Melbourne. So returns will be internally in Australia, hopefully being from Melbourne myself they can do a pick-up service.
Shipping from Europe to Melbourne will still be relevant in the RRP though.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Going to be interesting to see what their plan is here. Can't be too far away from what I have read. I've emailed them but they are not saying much. I'm pretty keen on the Spectral 7.0 EX. The spec is great for the converted Euro price. Really hoping that the Oz price is only a couple of hundred more. They will have to be close to YT bikes prices for similar spec to be competitive.

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Going to be interesting to see what their plan is here. Can't be too far away from what I have read. I've emailed them but they are not saying much. I'm pretty keen on the Spectral 7.0 EX. The spec is great for the converted Euro price. Really hoping that the Oz price is only a couple of hundred more. They will have to be close to YT bikes prices for similar spec to be competitive.
IMO add about 20% to the Euro converted price and it will be about that ball park price.
Hope I'm wrong and they are pretty much straight converted. If this is the case you will be seeing a lot of Canyons around. Pushing the big brands of Giant, Trek in terms of bang for buck.