Canyon Australia

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's pretty awesome - the prices came in roughly as expected - and without the Australia tax!

The only thing I don't get is why the long waiting time to get some sizes/models - even if it's shipping from Germany why would it take until April to get the bike to Australia. My guess is that the bikes simply haven't been built yet as it's Euro winter and no one is buying over there. It's a shame as it means missing the whole Aussie summer waiting for the bike to arrive.

On that note, I wonder why all of the models aren't available (eg Strive 7.0 AL) - if it's shipping direct from Germany what difference does it make to them which one you are buying? It's not like they need to have a large warehouse here to keep all of the possible models in stock (not at this stage anyway).
I noticed the same with the Nerve range - no carbon models (in aus or the UK, but the range is huge over there).

Flint

Likes Dirt
So I am guessing those price don't include GST and other customs/import duties? If not then you need at add at least 15% if not 20%. I wouldn't mind grabbing a frame when they are available.

Cheers

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So this arrived this morning.

Asked them through the chat box about their disc roadbike... apparently a concept only and no production is planned as yet. No effort to keep me interested in the brand, just a point blank no, reminds me of my customer experience with another German brand, Nicolai.

Attachments

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
just looking at there frame only options and read this....................
BIKE CLASSIFICATION:*Bikes in this category include those from categories 1 and 2 and are designed for harsher, unpaved terrain. The scope for these bikes includes occasional jumps up to a maximum height of 60 cm. Jumps of this scale can cause inexperienced riders to have accidents on landing, which can result in injury. Hardtail mountain bikes and full-suspension bikes with short travel are included in this category.
Hhhhaaaaaa.......60cm thats way out of my league :pound:
those crazy Germans.....

Last edited:

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
I've ordered mine. Spectral 7.0ex. I spoke to the Australian office and was told that March/April is the official delivery date but there is a chance it could be earlier. I will not be billed until the bike is ready for delivery and I can cancel at any time. This also includes within 30 days of receiving the bike. Pretty good terms make up for the lack of shopfront. If I don't like the bike or size etc I send it back for a full refund. But I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Canyon need to do a hell of a lot better on price than Giant if they want to compete.

Giant have a great local presence so easy to try before you buy, you are buying a complete (built) bike and warranty service second to none. Canyon on the other hand has none of these things.....yet.

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Canyon need to do a hell of a lot better on price than Giant if they want to compete.

Giant have a great local presence so easy to try before you buy, you are buying a complete (built) bike and warranty service second to none. Canyon on the other hand has none of these things.....yet.
Yeah but Giant need to do a lot better on design before they can compete with many other brands ...

Jarrod Smith

Cannon Fodder
So I am guessing those price don't include GST and other customs/import duties? If not then you need at add at least 15% if not 20%. I wouldn't mind grabbing a frame when they are available.

Cheers
From my reading of the website the price is inclusive of GST and all duties. Delivery to your door and packaging adds $199. Still a pretty good deal in my book.