Canyon Sentinal/Trek Fuel EX8/2nd Hand

So I've been scratching around now for a few months looking for a used XL bike. I travel A LOT for work so this has proven difficult as quality used bikes sell before I can check them out. Maybe it's the time of year also because there's not been much choice...?

Anyway, so I'm thinking maybe new is the go. Canyon Spectral cf 8.0 has some amazing reviews. Many of the UK reviews bang on about value but carbon frame aside, the specs are close to the Trek Fuel EX8 (2018) which is nearly $1000 cheaper (BUPA discount). Opinions tend to strongly favour one or the other, depending on which side of the Atlantic you ask.

Also considering the Remedy, Stache but will likely wait until all the 2019 bikes are available.

Not sure how I landed up here as I started with a $2k budget! Used I'm looking at 1-2 yo Pole/Santa Cruz/Rocky Mountain/Pivot/etc. How would these compare to the new options?

Haven’t owned any of the others except for a 2017 trek fuel ex and I absolutely love it. Owned a few bikes in my time and have always found myself liking the bike, but not 100 percent I love with it. The fuel ex, I cannot fault at all. Such a versatile bike. A true do it all bike. Great for if you are travelling around a lot and want a bike with you that can do it all. Great for long distance XC pedalling and surprisingly holds together comfortably on rough steep downhill trails too despite it having small suspension travel. I did get rid of the 130mm forks though and put 150mm rockshox yaris on it which made a pretty positive change to the bike overall. Handles incredibly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I'm an XL orang-utan too.

If you're not too picky about Geo / specs / age... then something used, that fits the general requirement, will come up soon enough.

But if you have specific wants about the exact Geo & spec.... and it's XL... then you might end up waiting a very long time.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk