AM Canyon Spectral 29 AL 5

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Don't know how relevant given I'm quiet a bit lighter, but I have Identical Maxxis DHF in exo Max Terra and DH Max grip. To be honest I didn't notice much difference in rolling. The main reason I prefer the exo Terra is to shed weight off the bike and I was ripping the soft compound Max grip to bits.
Fair enough, it just seems that I cut or burp EXO level tyres (DHR II Exo, Bontrager XR4 and WTB Vigilante Light)

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Fair enough, it just seems that I cut or burp EXO level tyres (DHR II Exo, Bontrager XR4 and WTB Vigilante Light)
If you liked the Bontys, swap for the SE casing.
I'm running an SE6/SE4 combo on the eeb and have had no issues

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
My El Roy has Max Grip Assguys front and back and I didn't find them terrible to pedal. I will admit it took effort to really get the bike motoring, but they weren't the horrors I thought they'd be. My other bike runs a dual compound HR2 out back and a super Tacky DHF up front. I will say it has a lighter feeling to it, but then it's not really a rock garden muncher... Horses for courses.

Jabubu

If you liked the Bontys, swap for the SE casing.
I'm running an SE6/SE4 combo on the eeb and have had no issues
I didn't like them on the front but they're more toward the XC side, probably the equivalent of putting a Dissector or Rekon on the front.

If I were choosing a Bontrager combo today I'd most likely go for the ones you mentioned.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not that much lighter than hamboner and I don't seem to have any grip issues with maXXXis bottom shelf sale 26 inch tyres, minions I think.

What "style" of riding are you getting into on this bike @Jabubu ? How aggressive are you? I've got 2 friends on the same bike both running the stock tyres without complaint.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know you have already tried the lighter tyres. I was just giving my thoughts that other than the weight, I don't think you will find your shiny new tyres horrible to pedal :)

Jabubu

I'm not that much lighter than hamboner and I don't seem to have any grip issues with maXXXis bottom shelf sale 26 inch tyres, minions I think.

What "style" of riding are you getting into on this bike @Jabubu ? How aggressive are you? I've got 2 friends on the same bike both running the stock tyres without complaint.
Stock tyres are decent too - DHR II Exo MaxxTerra front and DHR II Exo+ MaxxTerra rear. So I'm about the same in terms of compound but with slightly sturdier casings front and rear. To be honest I probably would have been fine with Super Trail rear but these were a great price and I'm ok with the extra weight.

Style of riding = Flow trails, rock gardens, rocky descents, hitting roots and weird pointy shit at high speed.

Jabubu

So you rode it today ?
I rode it in pretty shitty conditions (for our trails) and while I could feel the extra weight of the tyres, once they're up to speed they felt good. It was nice knowing I can smash things with a bit more confidence. Once the trails dry out (perhaps in 2025..) I'll experiment with tyre pressures and settle on something I like.