Spokes - Probably dt swiss
Nipples - Probably dt swiss
Tyres - Maxxis DHRII Front and rear. 29 x 2.4
Tubes - nope
Total weight - around 15 kilos

Attachments

Cosh

Likes Bikes
So, I decided to sell my Trance and buy this. The shapeshifter and the impressive spec for the cost were the main considerations. I've only ridden it twice since it arrived on Wednesday and I'm really impressed.

I really like the shapeshifter: it really transforms the bike. The xt gear shifter is also a quality piece of gear, compared to the slx on my last bike.

I'm a bit unsure about tyres though. I like the grip of the dhr on the front, but the rear is a bit draggy. Might swap it out for an aggressor or a dissector if I can get one.

The saddle is also not agreeing with me, so I'll probably swap it out for a selle smp.

Cosh

Likes Bikes

Update Time!

I've been riding this for the last month and a half and I'm really starting to like it. Mostly been riding my local trails in 'climb' mode and only switching to full travel on the really rough sections.

Upgrades
  • Rear Tyre is now a Dissector. A lot faster than the DHRII and I haven't noticed any lack of grip. The front tyre is still a DHRII and I really like it. Much better than the High Roller II that was on my previous Trance.
  • Green ODI grips - Because green.
  • Not sure if I'll stick with the saddle, or get a Selle SMP. Think I'll stick with the current one for a while.

The One-Up composite pedals are great, so good that I bought another pair for my Hardtail.
The shapeshifter remote rubs on my thumb knuckle when in climb mode; I shifted it further inboard but this makes the dropper post remote further away. I'll get used to it.
The XT drivetrain is awesome, so much better than the SLX on the previous bike.
The XT 4-pot brakes are ok; I think the pads are contaminated as they lack bite and howl like a banshee. I've cleaned and bedded them in about 3 times now and they still seem a bit crap. I'll bite the bullet soon and order some new pads.
The Fox dropper post is good, better than the Giant branded one on on the Trance and on-par with the Brand X on my Hardtail.