Canyon Torque too much or Spectral too little?

Help choose my bike

• Canyon Spectral

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Canyon Torque

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Something different (specify in comments)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Holy moly that black and gold though! Still, it’s a lot for an almost 4kg frame with no shock. I wanted to steer clear of building because I know It’s going to get well out of hand. It would make for a ripping pyr thread, but the wife may divorce me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
my local trails are mostly enduro type downhill runs ,
DH
Park
Enduro
Trail
XC

Chuck a % between each that you'd ride per year and that'll pretty much tell you.
If majority is in the bottom three then go the Spectral.

I've got a Torque, check out my PYR for my thoughts on it.
Compared to 2018 models, the 2019 Torque models are spec'd a bit oddly.
If you're an L then theres a few 2018 CF8's on the factory outlet discounted new.

I'd be surprised if the Strive went 29er ... my guess is they might bump up the travel to 170 and have an improved shapeshifter.
I have a neighbour , that works for Canyon ,
He said , i cant say exactly what the changes will be before its released , but the strive has basically been the same bike for a few years now , just spec changes
This year it will be different , has had some major upgrades ,

Be interesting to see what they are

moorey

call me Mia
Holy moly that black and gold though! Still, it’s a lot for an almost 4kg frame with no shock. I wanted to steer clear of building because I know It’s going to get well out of hand. It would make for a ripping pyr thread, but the wife may divorce me...

Just think of all the time you’ll have to ride it after the divorce.

moorey

call me Mia
Also, can you get a medium please. If it’s going to wreck your divorce and get sold off in the aftermath, at least get one I can ride

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
my local trails are mostly enduro type downhill runs ,

I have a neighbour , that works for Canyon ,
He said , i cant say exactly what the changes will be before its released , but the strive has basically been the same bike for a few years now , just spec changes
This year it will be different , has had some major upgrades ,

Be interesting to see what they are
Oooooh, juicy. Any word on whether they will release it for 2019 or will it be another year or more?

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Oooooh, juicy. Any word on whether they will release it for 2019 or will it be another year or more?

The conversation i had with him was probably a month or so ago , and it was the 2019 Strive he was talking about , to be released soon ,

I remember him saying should be out by January , or words to that effect , the word January was in there .

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Update. Still struggling hard to make a decision. Been thinking about going the spectral cf 8 and saving some money
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mtb/spectral/2019/spectral-cf-8-0.html

Spoke to canyon the other day who confirmed the new strive is due for release in early January and will continue with the shapeshifter, but that’s all the information i got. I think I’ll wait for the new strive to come out before I make the final decision.

andio

Squid
Haven’t wanted to go 29er due to always riding 26 and thinking it might be too much of an adjustment between bikes without being able to test ride
Canyon have a 30 day return period so if you get it and you’re not happy just ring them to come and pick it up and give you a refund or order a different bike.