Canyon Torque too much or Spectral too little?

Help choose my bike

• Canyon Spectral

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Canyon Torque

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Something different (specify in comments)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
You got the option with the lowest votes.
Typical.
Fair, but if you consider the people voting the decision makes more sense...

To be honest, the torque was the bike I really wanted, I just had doubts so I tried to talk myself into something a bit more “sensible”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair, but if you consider the people voting the decision makes more sense...

To be honest, the torque was the bike I really wanted, I just had doubts so I tried to talk myself into something a bit more “sensible”.

All good, just changed my vote. Now it's legit.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Well, the rumours are getting louder , the strive just might be a 29er anyway
The strive was always going to be a 29er.
Just need to look at the trend in the EWS and the fact most riders are on 29er Enduro bikes.
Seeing that the strive is Canyons bread and butter Enduro bike, and with the spectral and torque both sticking with 27.5, there would be no place for another 27.5 in the line up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
The strive was always going to be a 29er.
Just need to look at the trend in the EWS and the fact most riders are on 29er Enduro bikes.
Seeing that the strive is Canyons bread and butter Enduro bike, and with the spectral and torque both sticking with 27.5, there would be no place for another 27.5 in the line up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yep totally get it

LPG

likes thicc birds
It's interesting that this years Spectral has increased the travel by 10mm front and rear with a fox 36 on the front (for some models) and a
0.5° slacker head angle. I can't imagine there is much difference between the current strive and spectral in terms of descending capabilities.

I'm keeping an eye on a FS to complement my aggressive hardtail. The Spectral seems to suit my riding well but I didn't want too much overlap in capabilities. I've been watching what happens with the strive update as somewhere between the torque and spectral is what I'm thinking. These updates to the spectral make it pretty close to what I want. I'm sure we'll see what happens with the 2019 strive before my finances are in a position to pull the trigger anyway.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
You will love the Torque. Bought the Carbon frame set early this year and haven't looked back. For a long travel bike it pedals uphill really well, you wont break any XC records but it will get you there. Im running 11 speed and was worried with the geo, travel etc I would struggle getting up and contemplated buying Eagle but held off until I gave the 11 speed a run.....still on the 11 speed and there is nothing I cant cant climb at my now new local You Yangs. I will buy Eagle when this drive train dies though.

Coming down is another story.... best I have ridden other than a dedicated DH bike.

Also, be assured the Aussie rep has so far been second to none and has supported me through two minor issues with no questions asked and quick turn around.

LPG

likes thicc birds
You will love the Torque. Bought the Carbon frame set early this year and haven't looked back. For a long travel bike it pedals uphill really well, you wont break any XC records but it will get you there. Im running 11 speed and was worried with the geo, travel etc I would struggle getting up and contemplated buying Eagle but held off until I gave the 11 speed a run.....still on the 11 speed and there is nothing I cant cant climb at my now new local You Yangs. I will buy Eagle when this drive train dies though.

Coming down is another story.... best I have ridden other than a dedicated DH bike.

Also, be assured the Aussie rep has so far been second to none and has supported me through two minor issues with no questions asked and quick turn around.
Good to hear. I don't mind the GX 11 Spd. It's what I have now and it does what I need it to do without issue. Having common spares for things like chains (and being able to swap derailleurs between bikes) is pretty good in my mind. I'm a pretty decent climber and don't think I'd need any more than a 42t on the rear for the riding I'd do on a Torque.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
So the torque arrived last night! Very exciting stuff. I just had time to put it together, set the sag and have a quick pedal up and down the road. Feels like a big slack couch so far!

I should have a chance to give it a proper test tomorrow and will post a pyr thread after that.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it was pretty quick, less than 2 weeks from clicking go to receiving the bike in rural vic. It went through a few countries too.

Certainly very happy and can’t wait to take it out for a maiden voyage tomorrow!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Just did a cheeky little ratchet upgrade on the 240 hubs (went to 54t from the stock 18t) and had a quick squiz at the rim and tubeless tape is already installed which I was impressed with.

It also has a max terra and max grip tyre and they put the max grip on the rear which I thought was odd. I’m going to swap them over when I tubeless the wheels.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It also has a max terra and max grip tyre and they put the max grip on the rear which I thought was odd. I’m going to swap them over when I tubeless the wheels.

Yeah thats pretty weird.

Bikes rad. Love how low slung they are