Capital Punishment 2012

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
May 13 looks pretty sweet according the the Enduropulse calendar

EDIT: actually May 13 is rubbish, it still puts 3 rounds of the XCM series within 4 weeks. I dunno, July is pretty quiet?

Last edited:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im with pants on this one May 13 is a better date but they did specify late april in their email. I actually think Apri 14-15 is the best date. Fingers crossed they don't just cancel the thing

bikeit

Squid
28th is Round 1 of SRAM Singletrack Mind series... not just us but the MTB club at Orange will be pretty unhappy if it's rescheduled to that date. I doubt that Max Adventure would be happy with that date either and it puts 3 rounds of the XCM series on 3 consecutive weekends, very tough for those going for the overall title.
Why would Max Adventure care? Are yoiu talking about the Convict 100? Max Ad have already sold entries so why would it bother them what events are on the weekend before?

I would say that they'll do all they can to avoid other MTB events such as STM series. Hopefully it works for everone but no weeknd will be perfect really.

May 13 is out. AROC run The North Face 100 that weekend.

More rain today and yesterday reaffirms it was the right decision to postpone. Any rain will just sit there considering how saturated the ground is.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just re read their message and they say when they announce the new date they will be announcing their new refund policy which will surely be better than their last one which was "no refunds". Safe to say they won't clash with other events in the series. Max Adventure won't care too much I signed up for the convict and its now my decision if i choose to go back to back. I can always sell my ticket to someone else. i would say that they will put it on the 29th and offer a refund to punters who are committed elsewhere. Not ideal for CF but its a competitive market with lots of promoters trying to get what they can out of a smallish group of punters.

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
Easter.... for Christ sake!!

There's not much else on ....... and there is a nice synergy between Easter and Capital Punishment. It appeals to my Catholic indoctrination.... I knew there would be a calling one day..... ?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
There's not much else on ....... and there is a nice synergy between Easter and Capital Punishment. It appeals to my Catholic indoctrination.... I knew there would be a calling one day..... ?
There'll be a bunch of people with no friends riding around Majura or Stromlo already

Tathra MTB Enduro ............April 22.

Easter's not that clear. After recovering from The Mont, there's the Tathra Enduro on April 22.
There is/was also 3hr on at Tumut on the 29th.
May as well chuck a dart at the board if u are looking for a free date.

onyabike

Likes Bikes
Fair call and nice and early, now if my wife can just postpone child birth by a week or so I might be able to make an end of April race!

Motorhead

Likes Bikes
They've gone the 28th of April which knocks me out & as they're only offering 50% refund I'm going to have to try to sell my 50km entry.
Any other weekend in April would have been fine with me except that one but they could never make everyone happy& it had to be postponed but that doesn't excuse their refund policy though which I think is crap, might stay away from AROC events in the future.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Should be ok for me, although no idea what the hotel i've booked into (diplomat iirc) will say about it. Anzac day is on the Wednesday as well, so there's potential to make it a long, long weekend too

B.J.

Likes Bikes
That weekend was my only free weekend in April so I'm stoked, not so pleased about it now being back to back with Convict 100 though.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That weekend was my only free weekend in April so I'm stoked, not so pleased about it now being back to back with Convict 100 though.
I remeber max adventure used to give a special jersey to people who did both the wombat and dirtworks which were only two weeks apart. maybe for thosepeople{ hopefully me included} who go back to back could get something similar.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Last time I did back to back 100s I ended up with a very expensive cab ride from the event and spent a number of hours having people jabbing stuff into me.

I can understand the situation they are in, but TBH running big marathon events on succesive weekends sucks. Not so much the racing part but all travel and getting shit ready beforehand.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Last time I did back to back 100s I ended up with a very expensive cab ride from the event and spent a number of hours having people jabbing stuff into me.
Well - there are some that are also entered into the Wombat 100 too.
That makes 3 on the trot. That final climb at 70km in the Convict is the point at which you feel the two weeks prior!
It could go one of two ways.....

bt100

Likes Dirt
I'm doing the Wombat, CP and Convict so that 3 in a row for me.

I saw a post that the James Williamson might be the weekend after the Convict so it could be 4 in a row for some but nothing is confirmed as yet.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
I'm doing the Wombat, CP and Convict so that 3 in a row for me.

I saw a post that the James Williamson might be the weekend after the Convict so it could be 4 in a row for some but nothing is confirmed as yet.
Although that terrifies me, I am rather excited about the idea of doing 4 on the trot...
On the plus-side, it means very little training for a month - just recovery inbetween races!