Capital Punishment 2012

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dont be too worried it looked worse on Sunday its backing off in the prediction. Also that chart represents the chance of any rain doesn't nessecarily mean constant downpores. The prediction for today was high and they didn't get anything.Lets not be too hasty

Justin Penhall

Cannon Fodder
100k entry available for Capital Punishment

Hi Riders,

i have an entry available to sell off for the event on 28th April 2012. I'm willing to sell it off at a reduced price. If anyone out there wants it, please let me know. I can transfer the entry into your name via the AROC Sport website.

Cheers

Justin - 0407 277 608
justin@jsblighting.com.au

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Dont be too worried it looked worse on Sunday its backing off in the prediction. Also that chart represents the chance of any rain doesn't nessecarily mean constant downpores. The prediction for today was high and they didn't get anything.Lets not be too hasty
Yeah not packing it in just yet. I realise it's a % chance of rain at that mm, and these things do seem to back off as time goes on (they over-forecast to cover themselves?). Just tired of either riding a 15kg bike with no brakes or not finishing, which has happened more than I would like in recent times...

Yes I'm getting soft etc etc...

Jubas

Likes Dirt
If Canberra and its surrounds are anything like Sydney right now, it's going to be an interesting race. We've had absolute buckets of rain coming down, and it's not forecast to let up for some time now!

Here's hoping for some serious sun - really looking forward to this race!

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If Canberra and its surrounds are anything like Sydney right now, it's going to be an interesting race. We've had absolute buckets of rain coming down, and it's not forecast to let up for some time now!

Here's hoping for some serious sun - really looking forward to this race!
Nah - We had a light drizzle overnight but that's all we've had for a few weeks.
Tracks are all in good nick at the moment.

DaSchmooze

Likes Bikes
We're not - it's perfect. Just a slight drizzle this morning but if it's like this on race day you'll be loving life :)
That's great news. It's bloody torrential here! I've had to pull out of this event twice before so I'm hoping it doesnt get canned becuase of the weather. I'd be more than happy to do it in the wet just to say that I've actually finally done it! I'm loving the fact we get to go through Sparrow Hill! Happy times

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
......... Sparrow Hill?

That's great news. It's bloody torrential here! I've had to pull out of this event twice before so I'm hoping it doesnt get canned becuase of the weather. I'd be more than happy to do it in the wet just to say that I've actually finally done it! I'm loving the fact we get to go through Sparrow Hill! Happy times

Who said that?

Maybe you're confused .... you have to get up at sparrow fart, but I think the start will be over the road at Kowen.

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
New underpass under the kings highway realignment has allowed linking Kowen as Sparrow - sweeeeeet! Short loop to be included through sparrow.

12mm of rain last night - which isn't too bad. Lot less than earlier in the year.

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
..... apologies to Sparrow

Yeah that's where i read it too.
Apologies mate, I'll stand corrected, I missed reading the newsletter. Up at Sparrow Fart and around Sparrow Hill it is...

The new Kings Highway link road is still closed [as of Tuesday] but it must be close. I guess the tunnel under the new bit will link back to Orchard Road and back into Kowen via the old bit or highway, which I assume will be closed off to vehicle traffic.

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Apologies mate, I'll stand corrected, I missed reading the newsletter. Up at Sparrow Fart and around Sparrow Hill it is...

The new Kings Highway link road is still closed [as of Tuesday] but it must be close. I guess the tunnel under the new bit will link back to Orchard Road and back into Kowen via the old bit or highway, which I assume will be closed off to vehicle traffic.
Hey baroo - should open on Thursday.

DaSchmooze

Likes Bikes

Totally fine... just pretty excited to ride there as I've neither done Kowen or there before!

Jubas

Likes Dirt
How's the weather looking canberrans? Trying to figure out if i can get away with my renegade tyre on the back or not!

light scattered showers forcast for the next few days but dosn't look like much in them (this morning is meant to be the worst of it and we have had one 10 minute shower so far, with not too much else on the horizon yet - touch wood)

Should be dry from about wednesday and its forecast as partly cloudy everyday after that including race day. Course should be relatively dry if it stays like this.

I did ride the first few kms of the 50km course into Majura on saturday and it was mostly dry except 2 or 3 puddles(including a fairly large deep puddle) in the really low lying areas - most of majura was dry apart from some of the lower areas as well.

All up should be a good day for it, would be nice for the sun to break few over the coming days just to dry it up a bit more.

Dazzo

Likes Dirt
light scattered showers forcast for the next few days but dosn't look like much in them (this morning is meant to be the worst of it and we have had one 10 minute shower so far, with not too much else on the horizon yet - touch wood)

Should be dry from about wednesday and its forecast as partly cloudy everyday after that including race day. Course should be relatively dry if it stays like this.

I did ride the first few kms of the 50km course into Majura on saturday and it was mostly dry except 2 or 3 puddles(including a fairly large deep puddle) in the really low lying areas - most of majura was dry apart from some of the lower areas as well.

All up should be a good day for it, would be nice for the sun to break few over the coming days just to dry it up a bit more.
Sounds like Stromlo might not be quite so dusty, as it usually is - can't complain about that!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Anyone got any advice for clothing for this - looked at forecast and looks like about 7 or 8 degrees at race start but warms pretty quickly in canberra. I was thinking, warm hiking socks, full finger gloves, a wicking vest adn jersey and knikcs - maybe thin armwarmers as well?

Dont want to be carting a whole lot of stuff across canberra - but i dont want to freeze for 2 hours either.

What are everyones elses plans?

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
6-7? Wishful thinking bud, I'm betting on 2-3, 4 at the most. I think they are saying 18 degrees tops, but if the current wind keeps up it will be a cool 18.