Car deliberately tries to run me off the road - report to the police?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding my pushie home from work and a car following me deliberately tries to run me off the road! Was keeping pace in stop start traffic so I wasn't holding him up at all!

Definitely the closest I've come to being hit by a car deliberately! I took a photo of his car to get the plates, should I report him to the police?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding my pushie home from work and a car following me deliberately tries to run me off the road! Was keeping pace in stop start traffic so I wasn't holding him up at all!

Definitely the closest I've come to being hit by a car deliberately! I took a photo of his car to get the plates, should I report him to the police?
Absolutely, no question. Don't expect it will lead to anything now, but you've no idea what this car has been involved with in the past or the future that this may add evidence to. It may help if you do, it certainly can't if you don't.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Probably wasting your time with the police given no altercation occured but you should post it on your local facebook community page outing the prick to other people in your area.

stirk

Burner
Report it for sure.

Is it possible the driver was fiddling with the radio or something and accidentally veered sideways? That would be the excuse anyway.

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Hate to say, but unless you've got video evidence of the incident the po-po aren't really inclined to do anything. Actually even if you have, it tends to be a battle to get some of the local constabularies interested in upholding the traffic law.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Had someone swerve from the opposite side of the road and actually force me off the road a year or so back, i even recognized the driver as a local dropkick and police still did zero to help because i couldnt prove the driver and didnt get a number plate, to be honest i wouldn't even bother anymore.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
For one-off incidents it may seem like a waste of time, but some of these sociopaths are often multiple offenders. Reporting any incident to the police is worthwhile for this reason (even if nothing comes of it).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was victim to a similar scenarios while back. I bunny hopped up onto the footpath...and 2 coos were right there! I was fined for riding on the footpath.

Find out where driver lives and express your concerns to him in an adult fashion...with a brick. Or better still...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjR05v-PXA

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't worry, he probably wasn't "an evening person." That gets you off a attempted murder charge in WA at least.

scblack

Leucocholic
A nice BIG spray of sugary gatorade or whatever you have in your drink bottles all over the interior of a car gives them a wake up call.

Best if it's heaps sugary and therefore sticky.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
years ago I was cut off by a car quite badly, early sunday morning, red light didn't mean much to them. I happened to have drink bottle in hand, launched it at the car and hit the windscreen. best revenge I've ever achieved. was well worth it.

these days I do a lot of footpath riding, especially at night, any fines I collect I see as a cyclist safety tax. I've also been let off a few times "sorry officer, it's just too dangerous on the road, I've been hit a few times and normally whilst I'm falling off I can't get number plates, would you rather this or attending a fatality?"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A nice BIG spray of sugary gatorade or whatever you have in your drink bottles all over the interior of a car gives them a wake up call.

Best if it's heaps sugary and therefore sticky.
All jokes aside, this was the reason I used to keep 9L of cum in the freezer. Hits the windscreen like a brick and then melts inside the car. All hat shit with financial war was just made up so I didn't sound like a wierdo.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rang the local police station but I was told you can't do a report over the phone, I may go in this arvo and lodge a report.

At the time of the incident I was very tempted to do some panel beating to his car at the next set of lights but I thought better of it, if he caught up to me again he probably would've mowed me down for sure! His car was a piece of shit commodore wagon and it sounded like the engine was on its last legs, I hope karma ensues and it blows up shortly!

I'm just very annoyed it was deliberate, if it was accidental well shit happens!

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cops can be funny

I got hit by a car and the police tried to talk me out of making a complaint!!!!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Report it. It will suck up a lot of your time.

I had a similar thing a few years back, but I had a nice lass come up to me and offer to be a witness. She made a statement as well as me.

Took several months and we both had to front court. But he pleaded out and we didn't need to give evidence. He was fined several grand and lost his licence for a while.

A witness helps... It might not go anywhere, but you have to try. Be sensible, articulate and responsible - don't make it easy to dismiss you as an idiot.