Car motorbike carriers. Which one to buy?

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, I've decided that I might look into getting a moto hitch for the back of the car. I like the idea of being able to take moto places on my Patrol that would be inaccessible while towing a trailer. The bike intended on carrying is a WR450.

I've come across a few items on eBay that I've been considering. They don't look like they're the best of build quality but the price near makes up for it. There are a few <$300 options which can be delivered to my door within the next week.

Has anyone used one before, got any recommendations, advice or know anything about these types of carriers in general?

Thanks in advance.

eBay ones in question are

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MO-TOW-towbar-Motorcycle-carrier-rack-Carry-motor-bike-without-a-trailer-Motow-/261529252940?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce45bb44c&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIRTBIKE-CARRIER-AND-MOTORCYCLE-FOR-WAGONS-AND-UTES-/271592822338?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3c319642&_uhb=1

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
When we were travelling around Australia we came across a guy whose enduro bike (with carrier still attached) had come off his 4WD and then gotten absolutely fucking romped by the cattle truck that was following right behind him. That was about 400kms of badly corrugated roads from the nearest town, out in the middle of the Kimberley. Pretty much contributes nothing to your question but yeah, choose wisely haha.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I have had a good look up close at the Mo-Tow units, they look ok but not rocket science stuff..
if you have access to a panbrake (Bender) and handy with a welder, I can send through some plans for you to make your own. maybe $100 bucks tops in steel and parts.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have had a good look up close at the Mo-Tow units, they look ok but not rocket science stuff..
if you have access to a panbrake (Bender) and handy with a welder, I can send through some plans for you to make your own. maybe $100 bucks tops in steel and parts.
Cheers Fatboy, that'd be great. Send her through.

I'll check the xtech ones out too.