Carbon bars recommendations

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
hey All...

Whats peoples recommendations on carbon riser bars, currently have the easton havoc bars but i find them to wide being 800, i may just cut them down but i still prefer the deity bars which i have used previously.

Whats peoples opinions on the renthal, Enve

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got Renthals and I absolutely love them, great sweep and rise. I'm also partial to a good ENVE bar as well, but the price is unjustified.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Had two pairs of Enve risers (went wider for the second). Favourite bar, light, greet sweep and rise and very comfy.

If you patient can usually grab them cheaper when Pushy's have sale on, I ended ging through my LBS who offered a good price on them.

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
Had two pairs of Enve risers (went wider for the second). Favourite bar, light, greet sweep and rise and very comfy.

If you patient can usually grab them cheaper when Pushy's have sale on, I ended ging through my LBS who offered a good price on them.
sounds good what width enve's did you go the enduro or the dh ones.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought Raceface SIXC on Ubyk for 147 shipped.

They are hard to go past at that price.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I got a really cheap set of Santa Cruz branded ones of a bloke o Facebook. Really cheap, until I had to buy a 35mm stem, that is. I got that from Ubyke.......

#nickstevensisachunt

beejay

Likes Dirt
Set of Renthal Fatbar Carbons for the last 8 months on my bike. They've been great, perfect rise and sweep angle for me. Looking at the new 35mm clamp versions as the 'lite' version is now 760mm wide.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Set of Renthal Fatbar Carbons for the last 8 months on my bike. They've been great, perfect rise and sweep angle for me. Looking at the new 35mm clamp versions as the 'lite' version is now 760mm wide.
Let me know when you want to shift the current ones?

teK--

Eats Squid
+1

Had the alloy fatbars 780 loved the shape so I jumped on the 780 carbons when they came out. Very happy with them.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I personally like 9 degree sweep with a 20mm rise. I find Thomson and Renthal too straight (not enough sweep). I have been running Answer and Easton 750mm wide and going to Answer 780mm- just love the leverage. I prefer carbon over alloy. Rode a 35mm Santa Cruz carbon bar which was perfect- unfortunately I have a plethora of 31.8 stems and can make the jump. At 100+ kgs and 6.4 I do like the added stiffness of 35mm- and yes I could notice it.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I personally like 9 degree sweep with a 20mm rise. I find Thomson and Renthal too straight (not enough sweep). I have been running Answer and Easton 750mm wide and going to Answer 780mm- just love the leverage. I prefer carbon over alloy. Rode a 35mm Santa Cruz carbon bar which was perfect- unfortunately I have a plethora of 31.8 stems and can make the jump. At 100+ kgs and 6.4 I do like the added stiffness of 35mm- and yes I could notice it.
35mm interface was designed specifically, for a fine specimen of a human such as yourself. But yes, even a smurf such as me can notice the difference. The SCs are a sweet bar, and luckily I needed to shorten the reach, so a new stem was on the cards anyway...

#nickstevensisachunt

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
What bar options with the 35mm stems I don't mind the Easton stem just don't like the sweep of the bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big AC

Likes Dirt
So you've already replaced the 750s I sold you? If your going 780 - 800 then spending the cash for a 35mm diameter bar and stem could be worth it in the long run.

What bar options with the 35mm stems I don't mind the Easton stem just don't like the sweep of the bars
Just be cognisant that when you increase bar width a bit more sweep can be a good thing to keep your wrists in a neutral position. Having said this, like everything in MTBing its all about personal preference - ENVE run the same sweep as Easton, Renthal and Thompson run a few degrees less.

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
Cool I had Renthal on my dh bike and didn't like them but I don't think Enve have 35mm bar yet do they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I saw a youtube vid a couple of years ago where an 'independent' lab tested some popular brands and the Easton CNT ones came out on top. The only thing I took from that vid was the Easton brand and just forgot all the others that failed. I'll have a look see if I can find it.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was running RaceFace SixC in 35mm x 800mm on my Kona Process. Massive fan of them.
Strong and comfy. Would highly recommend

Big JD

Wheel size expert
So you've already replaced the 750s I sold you? If your going 780 - 800 then spending the cash for a 35mm diameter bar and stem could be worth it in the long run.

Oh no the 750s are on the HT- the wider ones for the TB