AM Carbon Bronson

Q dog

Likes Dirt
that colour co-ordination is impressive, even by my standards!

very slick bike. i presume they are 650B pikes? they dont seem to have as much clearance as 26" forks.
Cheers. Yes 650b forks. There's close to 15mm of clearance around the tyre. Just got a 2.3 high roller 2 for the front. Its 3c tr exo.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Cheers. Yes 650b forks. There's close to 15mm of clearance around the tyre. Just got a 2.3 high roller 2 for the front. Its 3c tr exo.
ah, must just be the picture. was going to suggest a high roller up front to help your grip issue.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice bike.. Would love to know how the rims hold up. I am interested in getting a few of those rims myself.

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Very nice bike.. Would love to know how the rims hold up. I am interested in getting a few of those rims myself.
This is my second set of light bicycle rims. First were 26" and they held up fine. But the 650b rims look like they are a lot better quality. You can also order them in different thickness.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
This is my second set of light bicycle rims. First were 26" and they held up fine. But the 650b rims look like they are a lot better quality. You can also order them in different thickness.
Rad! Didnt even notice they were light-bicycle rims, they blend so well. I'm really keen on a set, how do you find them? is there a big difference in feel over regular alu rims?

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
How does the CCDBA go on this? The bronson is pretty much my dream frame and im set on getting one as soon as i get my tax return, however theres only one shop in WA that stock SC and they charge $3600 for a fox shock :/ Also, do you reckon you could fit a water bottle cage in there with that shock?

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Rad! Didnt even notice they were light-bicycle rims, they blend so well. I'm really keen on a set, how do you find them? is there a big difference in feel over regular alu rims?
So far theyve been great. For me the biggest difference is the weight as Ive always had stiff rims. Very happy with them.

Q dog

Likes Dirt
The ccdba is good so far but I have onlyvhad one ride. Looks like you could fit a water bottle.

Gripo

Eats Squid
So what was it that you didn't like about your Nomad carbon to then go back to the TR carbon to end up with the Bronson carbon.

Q dog

Likes Dirt
So what was it that you didn't like about your Nomad carbon to then go back to the TR carbon to end up with the Bronson carbon.
Nomad was a great bike. But I didn't think I needed the travel. But mainly wanted a lower longer bike. The blur trc was great too. I just had it setup to xc. Would of been heaps better with a different fork. Perhaps a revelation, ect. I still want to keep the trc but cant justify 2 carbon duallies. And I wanted to try a long. So glad I did. Actually interested in why your selling your 2nd trc? Never tried a 29er yet. What did you prefer- trc or tbltc?

Q dog

Likes Dirt
How do you like the pike's? I get my pair next week. .. really looking forward to trying then out
Beautifully smooth so far but need some fine tuning. You'll love them. Just set my new hr2 front tyre. Cant wait to try it out.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
How much do you weigh and how much pressure are you running?

What settings are you currently running for dampening? Which settings are you needing to tweak?

Thanks for the info. .. Oh and nice bike, the colour works well

Q dog

Likes Dirt
How much do you weigh and how much pressure are you running?

What settings are you currently running for dampening? Which settings are you needing to tweak?

Thanks for the info. .. Oh and nice bike, the colour works well

I weigh about 75kg geared up. Just 5psi out of the fork. Now at 65psi. Not sure what the rebounb is set on but sped it up 2 clicks. Shock has 100psi and I'm going to try nomad base tune. Enve bars feel awesome. Was going to cut them down, but they dont feel like they need it.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
I weigh about 75kg geared up. Just 5psi out of the fork. Now at 65psi. Not sure what the rebounb is set on but sped it up 2 clicks. Shock has 100psi and I'm going to try nomad base tune. Enve bars feel awesome. Was going to cut them down, but they dont feel like they need it.
They reckon that the pike's sit higher in their travel. .. and that more rebound is required than what you would normally expect (around 2 clicks) due to the rapid recovery thing

lloydo

Likes Dirt
how long did you ride on the 26'' light rims for? would also like to hear from anyone else that has had them.
just a little worried about taking them through rock gardens. has anyone seen them fail?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been smashing my 27.5 ones for a couple of months now. Put them through a few races, and ride at least once a week at castle hill which is all rock. They have a few rock marks on them and I have run the spoke tool over them once, but the tension tool says they are all okay. No failures yet. IMO at the price, the good stiffness and light weight is worth it if they only last twelve months.

Slow Crankin Kiwi

Cannon Fodder
how long did you ride on the 26'' light rims for? would also like to hear from anyone else that has had them.
just a little worried about taking them through rock gardens. has anyone seen them fail?
I've been riding my LB 26" rims for 3 months, they are great. I ride em through rock gardens, no cracks, some little chips in the 3k finish. Had a crash last week, had to get the front wheel trued, no damaged to the rim. I'm 110kg without riding gear.
(I got the 430gm ones). I will get another set if/when I smash these, they are better than aluminum and cheap enough.

Sweet looking ride Q dog

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd try out 650b. Got the frame at 6pm last night and finished putting it together at 1am this morning. Frameskin took the longest to install. Im 5'9 and bought a large. Going to try a longer front end. I do have a long reach and long torso.
Looks the goods. Very much considering sending my tax refund into one of these. Couple of questions:
1. How do you find the fit? I'm 5'11" and have generally ridden medium frames, and the Bronson seems to have similar standover, top tube, and seat tube geo to my Trance. That said, I do have a 90mm stem on it...
2. Actually just answered this one myself... there is a frameskin kit for the Bronson already. Thanks google!