Cars in Jubilee

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Evening All,

I was down riding the bottom section of Roller cat this afternoon with my 10year old son. When we arrived there was a vehicle (silver accent) parked near the gate however the gate was padlocked. We parked unloaded & rode off, after the 2nd lap as we came back to the fire road we noticed a Burgundy/Red 4WD Landcruiser/Mahindri Ute driving near the gazebo. Got me thinking my son was riding ahead of me & got out of my sight on the last corner. Had he come out too fast & the ute came up the fireroad he may have run the risk of getting collected.
Guess what I'm asking is there a way via a sign etc that riders can be made aware of vehicles within the park. When the gate is securly locked, I and many other would probably run under the assumption that they are fairly safe from vehicles.

Cheers All
Aaron

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aaron, I dont think that this is something that the club is responsible for. It's on more of a council/parks management level. If they were to do anything, it wouldnt be the easiest thing to manage as there is several entrances to the park. A sign at the bottom is useless if people were to ride in from the top. Very few people have vehicular access to the park. When the club has vehicle in the park carrying out maintenance etc, we have to display signs on the vehicles, & obviously travel at low speed to avoid issues with other users.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm hearing you Jason guess, I did send an email to council too. Probably more interested in making people aware card are in the park even when it appears we are in a controlled environment.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
There was a bloke in there on monday finishing off a bit of building on the new track.
Mountain bikers have to be aware that there could be many forms of obsticles e.g. council vehicles, people on horses, walkers and wildlife. We can not assume that we are in a controlled environment.