Cash Converters - why don't the cops bust them?

NORCO DUDE

Cannon Fodder
Cash converters

had my 2006 kona shred stolen from my mates place found it in cash converters parramatta front window 8 months later after i faxed and emailed serial numbers to all cashies in sydney district found out they faked the serial numbers in there paperwork. Ended up getting my bike back after they tried to insulte me by selling it back to me they recieved a $500 fine and the original theif got away

joe79

Likes Dirt
I once spoke to a Cash Converters employee, and he told me the trick they use to acquire goods.

-Junkie-looking dude walks in with suspiciously expensive bike he's looking to sell
-Cashies employee takes bike for 'a closer look', placing it behind the counter.
-employee then announces to the seller that he's going to ring the cops just to check out that it's legit.

From there two things happen: a: junkie panics and runs off, leaving bike for cash converters to sell for massive profit, or b: seller is actually legit, the cops come down, see that everything is legal and satisfactory, and then thank cash converters for being such good honest upstanding citizens.

Absolute scum.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I say we all stop talking and loot the nearest cash converters then sell everything we steal back to them.

FLE

Likes Dirt
I once spoke to a Cash Converters employee, and he told me the trick they use to acquire goods.

-Junkie-looking dude walks in with suspiciously expensive bike he's looking to sell
-Cashies employee takes bike for 'a closer look', placing it behind the counter.
-employee then announces to the seller that he's going to ring the cops just to check out that it's legit.

From there two things happen: a: junkie panics and runs off, leaving bike for cash converters to sell for massive profit, or b: seller is actually legit, the cops come down, see that everything is legal and satisfactory, and then thank cash converters for being such good honest upstanding citizens.

Absolute scum.
what as*%&les!

SellYourBike.com.au

Cannon Fodder
There is no way for Cashies to know if its stolen or not, I'm sure they don't really care, however, if the coppers find out its stolen they just take it.

So if you loose a bike, check as many Cashies as possible

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've always figured that since Cashies take down the license (name etc) off anyone selling stuff to them that the cops would automatically find the person who stole the goods.

You know one would think that the thief would be made to pay the cash back to Cash Converters and the rightful owner would just get their bike back. If they made you pay for it then they are a'sholes.