Castle Hill - Fred Caterson reserve

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hearing mixed opinions, is it worth checking out? Is there any technical riding in there?

ride_29er

Likes Dirt
If its more than 20 minute drive i wouldn't bother. There is some technical stuff there although if you don't know where you are going it can be hard to find. recently there has been a large increase in traffic so its taken a bit of a beating and some people have take to altering it...although i wont get into that...
If you are keen let us know and I'm more than happy to show you round if im free.

advanti

Squid
I live local and ride it fairly often better than Wylde or other beginner tracks good for a quick spin after work but if after something more technical head to hornsby

dognamedzephyr

Cannon Fodder
Its my local spot and its great. Not overly technical, but enough to keep you interested. Plus the green ways heading NNE from there are fun. Everything is fairly short, but easily linked together to create a nice session. I have some footage from a while ago, Ill chuck it up so you can get a bit of an idea..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wouldn't travel far to ride it but if close by it's a good spot to spend an arvo.

scblack

Leucocholic
I just went for an explore this morning. Never explored it before, I just thought the BMX was all that was there.

Some nice single track, and there is some reasonable technical little bits. But not worth going a long way to get to.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Fred Casterton Res 002.JPG Fred Casterson Reserve - Castle Hill

The Hatched out area is Ovals. Normally okay to ride just out of Bounds in the Orienteering race on that Map.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the info, I now only live about 5min away so will definitely have to check out the place.