Casual Sydney Rides

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NoFearNick's 150 page monster thread has been deleted because discussion surrounding illegal trails was becoming far too specific. This is the replacement.

Post here if: you're going for a ride, wanting to meet some new like minded people to ride some sweet trails, want to be shown around a trail you're not sure about or just for participate in some internet mountain talk.

Please refrain from discussing trails that are not officially sanctioned. Particularly their location! This doesn't mean we don't ride them, but please keep this discussion private (PM's, text messages, facebook).

Regular rides happen on:
Tuesday night from 6pm (lights required).
Thursday nights from 6pm are becoming more common.
And both Saturday and Sunday somewhere a bit further afield.

Any other time is on the cards too.

Ourimbah, Old Man's Valley, Manly Dam, Red Hill, Kentlyn, Mt Annan, the Oakes, Loftus and many others are always regular destinations!

ChopSticks

Banned
I see you took my suggestion of a thread title :p

Exams are finished!! So I'm free to ride pretty much any day/night with abit of notice :D

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has ridden the new Menai trails down south. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Dan, the new Menai trails are nice, pretty technical and Rocky but the builders have done a good job of reviving some old trails and buildind some new.

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Dan, the new Menai trails are nice, pretty technical and Rocky but the builders have done a good job of reviving some old trails and buildind some new.
Hi mate,

Thanx for letting me know. Not much details about it I can find other than the facebook page. Me and some mates ride Loftus pretty regularly so Menai would be close and sounds like a awesome choice as well.

Dan.

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Has anybody been past Manly Dam today? Wondering what the chances are of it opening tomorrow are.. Still shut according to the council website.

Cheers!

Agostino

Likes Dirt
Has anybody been past Manly Dam today? Wondering what the chances are of it opening tomorrow are.. Still shut according to the council website.

Cheers!
Nick, I work close by and the weather has been fairly good the last 2 days in saying that I'm not sure it has dried out enough to ride.

DeBloot

Feeling old
I'm in the upper mountains and hardly ever make the treck into town
But keen to catch up for Kentlyn, Loftus/ Menai, OMV and even good old Manly Dam
And of course any good stuff on the QT
So hope to see you out there

And if anyone is ever in the upper Blue mountains (about 15 minutes from the start of the Oaks depending on roadworks traffic)
PM me or go to the FB page and ask to join
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176565649208791/

:spy:

JonnyH

Likes Bikes

Cheers!
I live very close - while it's been dry for a few days the track takes a while to dry out. Also there are trail works underway at the moment so that combined with the rain will mean the track will need a while I think before it is open again. It was very wet this morning when I walked past.
The council are normally pretty good at trying to get it open for the weekends whenever possible. That said there are always some who ignore the signs and ride anyway - word has it the lcoal rangers are cracking down on this (they are doing trackside landscaping in a few areas and if they see riders when the Dam is closed they issue fines etc).
Keep an eye on their website or Facebook page - they are good at updating it.
My advice for this weekend would be to ride Cascades or Terry Hills - they dry out quicker and you won't damage the track or your bike as much.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
whats in a title?

googling "casual Sydney rides" could bring up some unsavory images and websites.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
googling "casual Sydney rides" could bring up some unsavory images and websites.
Right on topic for the regulars then:drum:

BOT
I highly recommend taking up DeBloots offer and doing a weekend jaunt up there ... scribs is a fun track

Agostino

Likes Dirt
no one seems to be biting on tuesday

lets do thursday instead! Nick and I will be there
anyone else?

5pm~ LP
Can't be bothered driving in traffic all that way tbh each week. Would rather go MD or at least alternate each week and you guys come out this way to MD?

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't be bothered driving in traffic all that way tbh each week. Would rather go MD or at least alternate each week and you guys come out this way to MD?
I'd be keen for the dam more regularly, don't think I've been there this year. Can't do this Thursday though, birthday shenanigans.