Casual Sydney Rides

Luco

Likes Dirt
I was there today. Is it just the main fire road from Lady P drive through to Cromer that's been done?

That was the only section that I could see as being affected...?
So far yes. But remember they graded the fire trail on the other side mid way down the down hill track with the big rock face you ride down (sorry I don't know many names of trails in there) about a year ago or so.
When will it stop?
Apparently there's a lot of argument as to who owns what land in there which may slow down any future developments, but nevertheless they've removed some fun stuff.

Horse hill I think it's called Danny.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was there today. Is it just the main fire road from Lady P drive through to Cromer that's been done?

That was the only section that I could see as being affected...?
I rode all over the northern beaches tracks yesterday. Red Hill has copped a lot eight through it. The job is better in the area you talk about. The fire trail that runs up beside itchy and scratchy has also been graded.. But it's still rough as guts (shame, because it would be better to ride if it was smoother). There's also work north of Oxford falls.

Chuckles Norris

Likes Dirt
How was Peru dude?

Forks arrived and I'm back up and running!!!
Keen to get out and ride! Night ride this week anyone? Tuesday might perhaps? LP? Any takers?

It was pretty special, saw some amazing things and places, and it really made me appreciate living here, as corny as that sounds.

Those stanchions look very nice, makes me want to swap my revs for some black ones!

I can't make Tuesday or any other night this week unfortunately.

will2

Likes Dirt
I rode all over the northern beaches tracks yesterday. Red Hill has copped a lot eight through it. The job is better in the area you talk about. The fire trail that runs up beside itchy and scratchy has also been graded.. But it's still rough as guts (shame, because it would be better to ride if it was smoother). There's also work north of Oxford falls.

By north of oxford falls what do you mean? Bernies, bunnings, ya mums, power lines? Or is there a greater scheme?

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
You left too early. Missed me getting crossed up on a jump and going OTB into the bushes.

Cheers for the ride, keen to go again soon.

Rode Wylde today for the test ride - loads of people there. I must be so unfit because it took me forever to do the short track and was super exhausting. It's a lot of climbing... very tiring haha. Coming 15/15 on Strava woo!

Anyone else check it out?

Chuckles Norris

Likes Dirt
I wish I could have made it to Wylde! I would have given you a break at being on the bottom of the strava ladder

planning on doing some laps of old mans valley (or possibly ourimbah?) on sat 16th in the morning, hopefully meet some people there to ride with?

is anyone able to tell me whether ourimbah has beginner friendly trails? I was thinking of bringing my girlfriend to ride there, but don't want to take her somewhere that she won't enjoy and become discouraged.

ChopSticks

Banned
james..... ourimbah might be abit too knarly for her.... yes its 'XC' but some serious can be abit hard for a beginner on a HT....

can/could she ride westleigh? if she struggles... then I wouldnt make the trip up the coast for ourimbah.... not worth the possible tears lol

speaking of westleigh..... kudos to the builders to made the new section on the left just before the G-out/rock ride

jellis

Likes Bikes
I wish I could have made it to Wylde! I would have given you a break at being on the bottom of the strava ladder

planning on doing some laps of old mans valley (or possibly ourimbah?) on sat 16th in the morning, hopefully meet some people there to ride with?

is anyone able to tell me whether ourimbah has beginner friendly trails? I was thinking of bringing my girlfriend to ride there, but don't want to take her somewhere that she won't enjoy and become discouraged.
id be keen on a casual Ourimbah ride on saturday, haven't been out there before.

Chuckles Norris

Likes Dirt
james..... ourimbah might be abit too knarly for her.... yes its 'XC' but some serious can be abit hard for a beginner on a HT....

can/could she ride westleigh? if she struggles... then I wouldnt make the trip up the coast for ourimbah.... not worth the possible tears lol

speaking of westleigh..... kudos to the builders to made the new section on the left just before the G-out/rock ride

well she LOVES westleigh ... just not the difficult loop. So I guess OMV it is! (on the 16th)

I haven't ridden the new section yet! anyone keen to go for a night ride on thursday? either westleigh or lp?

tex72

Likes Dirt
Rode Wylde today for the test ride - loads of people there. I must be so unfit because it took me forever to do the short track and was super exhausting. It's a lot of climbing... very tiring haha. Coming 15/15 on Strava woo!

Anyone else check it out?
I was there, rode 2 full laps & a bit of a muck around on the pump track.
Great turn out, must of been 60 odd riders of all ages & abilities out for a pedal. The xc loop is fun but is in need of some rain to help bed in some of the loose berms.
Hopefully they can work out how to keep the moto's out too.

I was there, rode 2 full laps & a bit of a muck around on the pump track.
Great turn out, must of been 60 odd riders of all ages & abilities out for a pedal. The xc loop is fun but is in need of some rain to help bed in some of the loose berms.
Hopefully they can work out how to keep the moto's out too.
Wow machine man - nice!

Hey do you know the last end bit 'Homerun' - is there a quick way to get to that instead of doing the course (3km short track)? I saw a firetrail looking thing above, thought maybe it was a shortcut up to the top?