CCDB inline air - Who services their own?

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I bought an older Cane Creek inline air shock the other day. Put it on the Kona and it's brilliant! The level of adjustment really makes a difference. I was starting to dislike the bike but now its great. Anyway it will be needing a service sometime soon so I did a bit of research and don't care much for the servicing costs. I then found some people have serviced them themselves. It looks a bit fiddly but not outside the powers of an ex grease monkey like myself. This page seems the most helpful despite translation issues. https://twentysix.ru/blog/126924.html
So have any of you fine people attempted a rebuild? Any tips?
Where did you buy the seal kit? It looks like CC don't sell them the the public. I might be able to find the seals separate but not the diaphragm. If I can't buy the parts then I will probably sell it and buy the inline coil version. Cheaper the service and I think I will like it more so money better spent.

I am thinking of hand bleeding it to start with. It is a non-upgraded shock with the silver stanchion.

Thoughts?

goobags

Likes Dirt
Can’t help with Home servicing but you can get them converted from air to coil if you end up going that route. I had the silver stanchion version and now have a basically brand new inline coil. NS Dynamics did the conversion for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can’t help with Home servicing but you can get them converted from air to coil if you end up going that route. I had the silver stanchion version and now have a basically brand new inline coil. NS Dynamics did the conversion for me

Cost?

goobags

Likes Dirt
Was $325 plus postage there plus a coil. Same price as the upgrade to the black stanchion air inline.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Weird this popped up on here, just orgonised to have a CCDBA converted to coil, $325, considering a service is 220 and the conversion by default is also a service, makes it awesome value.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks, I have read through that one too. A little different to the inline but the same idea. Very helpful.

Weird this popped up on here, just orgonised to have a CCDBA converted to coil, $325, considering a service is 220 and the conversion by default is also a service, makes it awesome value.
Not bad. If I can't get the seal kit then this might be the best option. Otherwise MTBs Direct have the 200/57 DB Coil for $499 (no coil). I could keep the air as a spare or sell it.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I gave up and bought a new shock. Just need to find a 2.25 x 500 spring, seem to be a bit of a rarity if you just want the steel version.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks Litenbror, the fox ones would be great but won't fit. A quick search and it looks like only Manitou and SLS Fox springs fit.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks anyway goobags. $84.95 from MTB Direct I think is the best Valt price. Ill sent him an offer though.
Edit: Made an offer and bought it. Cheers goobags!

Last edited:

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Slightly OT but does anyone know of a shop stocking Cane Creek shocks in Canberra? A long shot I know but I am heading up there on Saturday and hoping to hit Stromlo. The new coil shock should have been here by Tuesday but the courier that Pushys used is useless and I cancelled my order today. The old air will hold up but a new coil would be nice.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks, I will try them. Not at all impressed by Pushys at the moment, customer service from the online shop was awful.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah unfortunately they are the biggest in Canberra so most likely to have the spring in stock. I got my ccdb air il from 99 bikes Mitchell ordered it on Friday and the had it Monday and price matched mtb direct with much better service but that doesn't help you.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks, I will try them. Not at all impressed by Pushys at the moment, customer service from the online shop was awful.
Just checked when I was in there they don't have your size. Maybe try onya bike or just try calling everyone and hope for the best